2 replies to this topic

#1 WW2Vault

WW2Vault

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:59 PM

Hello,

I bought a Army 2nd Armored patch and wondered if some one here could tell me what period it was made. The division was active from 1940 - 1991 and through that time the patches design has changed a few times.

The one picture of the patch I see the most is the one that says, "Hell on Wheels" on the bottom and the number 2 on the top.

The patch on the left below is the one I bought and the patch on the right is from what I described above.

I would appreciate any help at all, thank you.

- Jeff

Attached Files

World War 2 Vault
WW2 Vault is a web site I am currently building and the main goal of the site is to be a major hub of World War 2 information and articles.

#2 WW2Vault

WW2Vault

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:43 PM

Never-mind, I found out myself why the number was in roman numeral format instead of a "Arabic" format. The numeral format was the corps and the Arabic format was the division. So the one I bought was the 2nd Armored Corps.

Some good information so in-case someone else has the same problem and wants to know the solution.
World War 2 Vault
WW2 Vault is a web site I am currently building and the main goal of the site is to be a major hub of World War 2 information and articles.

#3 Otto

Otto

GröFaZ

• Administrators
  • 6,565 posts
  • LocationFestung Chicago

User's Awards

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:08 AM

It is good info, and an easy mistake to make. Thanks for the follow-up on the patches WW2V. :thumbup:

tiger_p_elephant_PzP.gif

Comments, questions or feedback? Contact me at ottomail.png

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." Socrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users