ghostrider_oz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:38 AM

Gents & Ladies

or from a bit of looking around,

Sir & Ma'am,

I really dislike doing these things, how do you introduce yourself, on some of the forums it's easy and quick, you know:

Dudes, I gotta big truck and I luv mud (don't laugh that is just about what I said on one forum), this on the other hand is a little more 'adult', anyways here we go.

I'm 33 and living in Tasmania, Australia.

Both my grandfathers served in WWII along with one of my great uncles, probably I have more relatives that served but at this time these are the ones that I am most interested in.

My paternal (I always get these wrong Dad's Dad) grandfather served I think with the Royal Navy, my maternal grandfather (Mum's Dad) serve with the Australian forces doing, well I suppose that what I am trying to find out. I only found out a few months ago that he had walked the Kokoda trail twice so there is a lot I do not know about his service history other than he served in WWII and Korea. My great uncle I know a fair bit about British Commandos, tanks, and some other stuff and a stint in Vietnam with the Australian Army.

I have always been interested in warfare, ever since Dad gave me one of his Biggles books to read as a kid, this developed into quite a serious hobby during school and I think that it is about time to rekindle my interest and look at some of the things that I probably glossed over as a kid.

Anyway I am tending to ramble a bit and going around in circles.

#2 Martin Bull

Martin Bull

Acting Wg. Cdr

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,647 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:33 AM

A very warm welcome to the Forums, Ghostrider !:)

Contributors from Australia are always particularly welcome here - we've had in the past some very interesting interesting discussions about the very considerable war effort of countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc.
"Stand by to pull me out of the seat if I get hit" - Guy Gibson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users