Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

On the hunt - for enlightenment

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by ghostrider_oz, Feb 26, 2007.

1. ghostrider_oz

ghostrider_oz Member

Gents & Ladies

or from a bit of looking around,

Sir & Ma'am,

I really dislike doing these things, how do you introduce yourself, on some of the forums it's easy and quick, you know:

Dudes, I gotta big truck and I luv mud (don't laugh that is just about what I said on one forum), this on the other hand is a little more 'adult', anyways here we go.

I'm 33 and living in Tasmania, Australia.

Both my grandfathers served in WWII along with one of my great uncles, probably I have more relatives that served but at this time these are the ones that I am most interested in.

My paternal (I always get these wrong Dad's Dad) grandfather served I think with the Royal Navy, my maternal grandfather (Mum's Dad) serve with the Australian forces doing, well I suppose that what I am trying to find out. I only found out a few months ago that he had walked the Kokoda trail twice so there is a lot I do not know about his service history other than he served in WWII and Korea. My great uncle I know a fair bit about British Commandos, tanks, and some other stuff and a stint in Vietnam with the Australian Army.

I have always been interested in warfare, ever since Dad gave me one of his Biggles books to read as a kid, this developed into quite a serious hobby during school and I think that it is about time to rekindle my interest and look at some of the things that I probably glossed over as a kid.

Anyway I am tending to ramble a bit and going around in circles.

2. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

A very warm welcome to the Forums, Ghostrider !:)

Contributors from Australia are always particularly welcome here - we've had in the past some very interesting interesting discussions about the very considerable war effort of countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc.