Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWIIF Quiz Threads - READ ME FIRST!

Discussion in 'Quiz Me!' started by Otto, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

The rules of the WWII Forums Quiz Threads are quite simple, basically you are working to earn the mantle of the Quiz Commander.

1) The process begins with he current Quiz Commander posing a question (making a Question post).
    2) The members respond with their best answers (Answer posts), and the first member to answer the question correctly now has an opportunity to become the new Quiz Commander.
    3) The mantle of Quiz Commander is only bestowed upon the member (with the correct answer), when the Quiz Commander replies to that member stating that their answer is correct, (a Confirmation posts). Only at this time, when the correct answer is confirmed, does the rank of Quiz Commander get transferred to the new member.
    4 ) The new Quiz Commander has the option to either pose a question themselves or pass the rank of Quiz Commander to another willing member, who can then poses a question. At any one time there is one just one Quiz Commander!
    5) If no correct answers are submitted for a question for at least 24 hours, the Quiz Commander must give a hint to the members, (a Hint post). The Quiz Commander may give as many as three hints for a single question, waiting at least 24 hours between each one.
    6) If no correct answers are received for 7 days, then the Quiz Commander must give the answer and pose a new question.

Google makes quizes like this a lot easier to get, so try to phrase your questions in such a way that a keyword search won't immediately produce an answer.

For housekeeping purposes, I will periodically close a Quiz thread when they get too large and start a new one. This was more of an issue on the old UBB.classic version of the WWII Forums, we would need to shut down a thread after just a few hundred posts. Nowadays, I'll let it get a lot larger prior to a restart. In any case, I've been keeping track of the posts in these Quiz threads, not that I'm counting or anything...;)

Quiz I thread = 218 posts
    Quiz II thread = 320 posts
    Quiz III thread = 384 posts
    Quiz IV thread = 372 posts
    Quiz V thread = 1012 posts
    Quiz VI thread = 291 posts
    -------------------------------
    = 2,597 posts and counting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.