Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Blades

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Maddog71, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Maddog71

Maddog71 New Member

Here is a sampling of some of the WWII era American knives that I have gathered in. I like a good knife and I don't think that with all of the new Super-steels and latest polymer handles that you can beat a good old Cattaraugus 225 Q. While the folks on eBay love to call these fighting knives, I know that the most common fight for these blades would be a piece of hemp rope, a can of beans or a toenail, but that does not detract from their value.

The only blades that I like better than WWII blades are WWII blades that are personalized to a particular trooper.

2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

I had a katana forged to spec. when I was in Japan. I could cut a silk scarf in two while it was falling to the floor.

3. Maddog71

Maddog71 New Member

I had a similar experience. I never got cut, but I fell on the floor in more than one EM club.....In Great Lakes, a kid from NYC assisted me falling to the floor with a surprisingly good left hook for a little guy. I did love that Pabst Blue Ribbon in the dollar pitchers.

Biak likes this.
  4. Maddog71

Maddog71 New Member

I see that my photo did not link. Here : upload_2022-11-4_17-15-48.jpeg to did not link, let me try again:

Half Track and OpanaPointer like this.
  5. OpanaPointer

Is The Rathskeller still there?

6. Biak

Biak Adjutant Staff Member Patron  

I only have a few and I'll try to post a pic one of these days. Katana compliments of a cave on Ie Shima, a Swedish bayonet picked up from a garage sale, a few, Buck knifes. I do have a "coffin" folding knife of my Grandfathers that I believe dates well before WW2.

7. Maddog71

Maddog71 New Member

I don't remember if that was what the place was called. I do remember that it was a very short walk from where we had our BP&E and A school classes. We had a long enough lunch break to go get soused for our afternoon classes, and I took every advantage of it.

8. OpanaPointer

It was in the lower, (in ground) floor of a large building. The building might not be there anymore. Nice little bar, better than most Navy speakeasies.

9. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Nice stuff.What scabbard do you have for the M-3 and whom made it? Rich A. in Pa.