377 graves: 375 British and 2 Canadians Situated on what was the Front Line from 10th to 18th June 1944, the village of Brouay was the junction of British and Canadian troops. The soldiers buried here fell in the fight to encircle Caen to the south. Situated near the village church, the cemetery is laid out on a gentle slope adjacent to the churchyard that gives access to it. A low stone wall separates and sustains the level of each. The visitor’s hall is roofed in slate, marks the entrance from which is seen, on a clearing of lawn, the Cross of Sacrifice. The head-stones, unaligned are mainly to the left of the entrance. This little cemetery, planted with apple-trees has a great deal of charm with views of the church and churchyard, neighbouring houses and surrounding countryside.