Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.
  1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

I was big into liquid glues go on clean. I started with those in the hobby shops started to get pricey. I would go to a plastic supply and buy plastic remnants cheap. Started buying Weldon pint five bucks. But as time went by it shot up to seven, ten, twelve, sixteen a pint now twenty to twenty five. I thought about it and it is a solvent base glue, hmmmm lacquer thinner is a solvent, I tried it and at twelve to twenty a gallon its a better bargain. Maybe not not as quick working but I have been building models with it for four years now and have not any problems. So if your tired of paying for pricey glue give it a try. Start with a test kit and see what you think.

Pros

Half Track likes this.
  2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

How does the glue age though?...it may become super brittle in ten years, everything just busts open if jarred...just a thought.

3. Prospero Quevedo

Haven't reached that point have to let you know in another six years.

4. Prospero Quevedo

Interesting on another model forum had a guy tell me that most lawyer thinner works but acetone works well too, but might have to thin it s little how do you thin acetone guess need to research that

5. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

I remember when there were concerns of kids sniffing glue. I always kept the window wide open whenever I applied the stuff.

6. Prospero Quevedo

Lol my dad thought that's what I was doing sniffing but I wasn't, but I probably should have open the windows

7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Glue or no glue ostfront....