Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Oh nothing really just wanted to share

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Jan 23, 2013.

1. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

That was borrowed from "Absolutely Fabulous". The daughter says "There's a thin person inside of me struggling to get out!" and her mum says "Just the one dear?"

CAC likes this.
  2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

This is a poster made up after Top Enders were asked about their favourite birds...its far from exhaustive, there are many more species..
    These are just our favourite...and The Rainbow Lorikeet isn’t even in there!

upload_2021-4-20_19-12-46.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    OpanaPointer likes this.
  3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

The Paul Hogan show back in the 70s...a favourite skit with his mate Strop...

OpanaPointer and Kai-Petri like this.
  4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

In response to OPs last post...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  5. OpanaPointer

I'm loving the Taronga Zoo show on the telly. I love how every third word has to end on a up note.

CAC likes this.
  6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Our SFOR camp in Bosnia back in 1997...brings back some memories. One guy even ran a marathon in the camp one evening running around in the camp roads....

I´ll put some photos later on of yours truly.

[​IMG]

Our "Hq" house....

[​IMG]

Our post office and bank

[​IMG]

TD-Tommy776, Biak and CAC like this.
  7. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

8. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Active Member

Damage control damage control, LoL, rearranged my

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The Finnish military complained that the Government removed three army barracks. That would have cost 12 million euros to keep them alive. However, the Finnish army got updates to Hornets worth some 60 million euros and about the same sum worth of air-to-land missiles. Why not take the money from these? For what do we need air-to-land missiles? We know if a Major country attacks us our Air Force exists some five minutes...simple truth.. ugly but true..

10. Prospero Quevedo

t I
    Haven't they been doing training manuvers with US military and other Western forces to coordinate mutual defense. Also Finland is investing ten billion euros into defense and acquiring 64new aircraft mostly fighters. The f18 e,f,gs and f35 are two planes in consideration. Also isn't there still negotiations about US military aid and stationing troops. The Russians had been building up along the border but what is currently going on. Isn't the Finnish mountains still a deterrent for the Russian military.

11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

We are pro-NATO but joining would change the balance. Norway is In NATO. Sweden or Finland would tip the scales so we are just watching.

12. Prospero Quevedo

I know Taiwan is small and an attack from China looks bleak, but most news and politicians had like written them off before a shot has even been fired. Well if you been thinking about a new flat screen or dvd better get it soon and store it, after the shooting starts bet the prices triple or more. Mostly from asshole distributors adding extra charges because who's going to know we'll blame the war. Like when steel shot up 300 percent. A ten foot stick of two inch ridged pipe went from ten to forty in six months I was like what gives, oh the chinesevare using up the steel and causing a shortage. I was BS they get most of their steel from us remanufacture it and sell it back, if their going to need that much steel they'd just put more people to work and add shifts to make more. Turned out it was started by the steel lobbyists telling bush a increased tariff would make US steel more competitive and would raise sales put more people to work and raise tax income. Ok so bush signs off on it. It was only a 60 percent increase but steel shot up 300 percent because all the middle suppliers added miscellaneous charges and the US steel companies raised their prices hired did not increase their work force and are making more profits. Good ole American capitalism stick it to the consumers. Should have put a clause if the steel industry didn't follow thru the tariff would void. Wonder what will happen to companies that have all their manufacturing based in China. Think Apple is expensive now.... I wonder if Japan will stick their necks out their really close but I'm sure they don't want a shooting war China could be close enough for a misleading bombardment of Tokyo or some other city. Most Japanese are pacifists these days, considering what happen to their country in wwii, but with China pushing on their territories who knows. Wonder if the Russians will try to take advantage and try to grab some islands or what.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  13. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

When Britain nuked the US...Twice!

14. Prospero Quevedo

Lol, like it amazing we haven't had one go off. The Air Force has had a number of close calls. There's a big reward for anyone finding those two they lost in a swamp. Or if your into scuba 100,000 for the recovery of a navy remote sub that broke its tether and drifting around between San Clemente and the Mexican border ten to twenty miles off the coast. And 50,000 for any recovered practice torpedos be nice to find one washed up on the beach and call it in and collect the reward, probably get some big tax penalty. See that mine that floated in and people posing by it before someone had the sense to call it in.

CAC likes this.
  15. OpanaPointer

We* were off Chesapeake Bay "a while back" and sports boats were chasing us down to tell us there were airplanes in the water a few miles east. Turned out to be Firebee drones. We hauled them onboard and thanked the people. We didn't say anything about the reward sign on them.

*Guided missile cruiser

Prospero Quevedo likes this.
  16. Prospero Quevedo

My family members that were able to make it to Melbourne for my nephew Jeffrey's wedding said Australia had the best fish and chips. Said they don't know what all the hype about British fish and chips was, they weren't Impressed when they tried it in London. Funny my friend said they were the best, but she was in Scotland at the time. Still have my vegemite it's only going on two years. Been trying to get the courage to try it..

CAC likes this.
  17. Prospero Quevedo

Lol, well I hope you had a great time at the lake and able to afford a great dinner or kewl souvenir

18. OpanaPointer

A USN cruiser wouldn't be awarded a reward for retrieving government property.

19. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

20. OpanaPointer

What's the rush?

[​IMG]

TD-Tommy776 and Kai-Petri like this.