Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Sturmtiger

Discussion in 'World War 2 Hobbies' started by Ricky, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Ricky

Ricky Active Member

via TanksinWW2
    Dear all,

I am converting a Tiger 1 into a Sturmtiger (1:72 scale).
    My main problem is finding a paint scheme. I would rather not do Zimmerit (ok, so I'm lazy...) but cannot find any colour pictures of non-Zimmerited Sturmtigers.
    Well, I have found one, which is of a Sturmtiger at Aberdeen, in an all-over sandy-yellow colour. This is fine (& nice & easy!), but a little boring. If any of you know of good, suitable colour schemes, please let me know. Details of markings would also be helpful!

Oh, also - Any advice on a quick & easy way to make the huge rivets that held the hull top on would be appreciated.

2. Patrice

Patrice New Member

via TanksinWW2
  3. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
    A cool color scheme for the SturmTiger would be the AMBUSH scheme.It is easy to paint.Dark yellow base with red-brown and dark green stripes or patches.Then dab the green and brown areas with dark yellow.This sceme was widely used on a number of vehicles.

4. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Also,you don't have to convert a Tiger I.1/72 scale kits are available.I have the Dragon Models version and it is highly detailed.Check it out on squadron.com.

5. Skua

Skua New Member

via TanksinWW2
  6. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
  7. Ricky

Ricky Active Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hey, thanks guys.
    Patrice - the pictures are very useful. I have most of the black & white ones, but not the colour. And they are without Zimmerit!

I know you can get kits of the Sturmtiger, but that's no fun. For me model making is about constructing stuff out of, well, whatever is at hand. It is the painting bit I'm less keen on. I have several models that are built up until I need to start some serious painting!

8. PanzerProfile

PanzerProfile New Member

via TanksinWW2
    what a cooincidence. I just bought myself the Dragon Sturmtiger as well!! and this topic helps me on the way just perfectly. I want to take a little rest before starting on it since I have only just finished my Pakwagen, but I'm really looking forward to building the ST. I think I'm going to use the ambush colour scheme.