Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Tomcat vs. Mussolini

Discussion in 'Combat Mission' started by Mussolini, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe Ace

Theres only been one turn.
    I quickly knocked out one of his vehicles (not disclosing the type just yet), but my gun crew came under heavy fire.
    Thats all.

2. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

I have to say, when I am playing this game, I absolutely hate the first 5- 10 turns, it is all moving forward and preparing for a counter attack and it is just boring, and in terms of this PBEM, it takes about a week to get any action.:)

3. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I'm not too fond of having 'turns'. I'm more partial to Close Combat where there are no turns. I just wish it had more scenarios like Combat Mission

4. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

The map we are on is small, and i mistakenly created it as Axis Attack, so he can sit pretty while my troops die. One of those differences/defaults between CMBO and CMBB.

His gun will be knocked out by mine though.

5. Joe

Joe Ace

Though Mussolini, I will have a hard time knocking out the Tiger of yours minus that 17pdr.

Or will I?

Heh heh heh....

6. Luke

Luke Member

Anyone know of a free download of this game?
    I looked in a PC store but couldn't find it, And i dont feel like paying over the net.

7. Mussolini

Right....free download....doubtful.

Just but it from amazon or directly from the game company.

8. Tomcat

The battle seems to have ended. The Russians\American and Germans have both commited to an unofficial ccease fire. With both sides controlling some victory locations, the ending result appears to a statlemate, both sides fought hard and well, both losing and winning ground.

A good battle Mussolini, Truce then, so how about some screen shots. Don't forget the ones of your tigers going up, they were cool. lol:)

9. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Any account of the starting units and casualties here, who did more damage?

10. Tomcat

We will have to offically do the truce so we can get final statistics going, both sides suffered by the looks of it, I will have to get in touch with matt and get it down.

11. Mussolini

Its not over yet! I haven't settled enough to get back to the turns. And for some reason, Y!Mail doesn't like the CMBB files.

12. Tomcat

in the CMBO mission I can say that what I see of his losses are 2 tiger tanks, 1 StuG, half a dozen halftracks or so, estimated about a company and a half of infantry, at least 2 field guns of unknown origin.

CMBB - Seeable losses are, 2 tigers, few halftracks (maybe 7), company of infantry, this game has considerable less combat compared to the CMBO game, mussolini can fill you in on the rest of his losses, until the offical stats show up.

13. Mussolini

Can't remember off the top of my head, but that could sound about right. I think i have a 52% victory in the CMBO game. Can't recall what it is in CMBB.

Anyways, I plan on ordering CMAK (since i lost my copy). It'd be great to get a little Forum-Tournament type thing going - i know Joe has at least CMBO - and i'm sure there are other Rogues with the game (or who will get it - its cheap - after seeing what we've done.

Now, what i could do (time consuming as it is) is one of two things - go through and record all the movie sequences of the battle (would be close to 15 minutes of action i think, if not double that) or go through and just record the more interesting pieces.

14. Tomcat

IN my game it said CMBB was a 37% chance either way and the CMBO I think it was around 48% for me.

That is good idea too about the tournaments.

With the movies either way will be time consuming, since there was around 30 turns for eeach game, being each game being 1minute for each turn it should be around 30mins for each. So maybe the best parts such as tanks blowing up, so In that case my forces will star in pretty much all of them:D

Unless you show what my greyhound did to your reserve mechanized infantry. lol

15. Mussolini

Tanks Blowing Up > Mechs Blowing Up

:)

The star from my CMBO (aka Iron Cross Winner) would have to be that 88 on my Left Flank that knocked out a handful of units. And that infantry Platoon hidden in the woods that took out the rest and are in the midst of counter attacking the other flag (where a Platoon did get wiped out).

In fact, my Hammer/Anvil Tactic is just about to slide into place, as my Tigers and more Mech Infantry (and Jagdtiger) on my Right begin their move towards the Center.

Alas, a Ceasefire won't be a bad thing. Many things learned from both games.

Tomcat, once we see the end results, how about we both write up an AAR for both games? Sharing our views on what happened/our tactics/decisions etc? Be interesting to compare.

16. Tomcat

Sounds good about the AAR, never done one so it will be an interesting venture.

I will say one thing, I have been stalking that Jadgtiger from the begining, the last phase he was turing away from my TD on about a right angle towards my pershing, giving not only a side shot from that TD, but my other M10 TD ready to pounce on the exposed arse end. Afterall every shot onto the frontal armour just bounced off.

I do congratulate that 88 crew it wrecked my advance, as well as that infantry in the woods. I didn't know I knocked out a platoon of your men near the flag, I thought you were fake retreating waiting for me to charge, but instead I held and later retreated myself. lol, oh well such is war.:)

17. Tomcat

Oh and give the commander of the Gun a Knights cross with a months home leave, I think he deserves it :)

18. Mussolini

Indeed he does! Especially since his only 'Infantry' Support is a MG42 hidden in the woods below and to the left of him (right side from your perspective). Good positioning, if i do say so myself.

My Jagdtiger was safe from side assaults...forest to its left with a Sniper and two Panzershrecks to protect it against armor (the left would also be where i spawned). To the right, the terrain and small clump of trees seem to be protecting it...getting behind it would be nil impossible with the forces i have moving through the area.

19. Tomcat

That clump of trees to its current right , just behind that is where my M10 is. The other, well you know where that one is, the same one which took out your tiger front on.

Well I quess once we see the whole reveled map, we can see what I would have done, and would then have regretted it later. lol

20. Mussolini

My day at work will of course seem like forever, never ending.