Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Traces of Evil

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Lairdkeir, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Lairdkeir

Lairdkeir Member

Dear All, I've recently moved to a teaching post just outside Munich which has allowed me to develop my website considerably. I've noticed some interesting posts here (particularly regarding NSDAP architecture) and would like to invite you to visit my site which relates to current Nazi-related sites throughout Germany that still exist. If any of you are interested, have a look at Traces of Evil.
    Cheers!
    Keir

2. dazzerjeep

dazzerjeep Member

Interesting, I look forward to you input!

3. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

Nice to meet you Keir and welcome aboard. Very nice website! I would love to visit those sites someday. When I was in high school, I visited Heidelberg and visited the amphitheater in the mountains there that was designed by Speer.

4. belasar

belasar Court Jester Staff Member

A very intesting site. I will be back again when I have more time. An outstanding start Keir.

5. kerrd5

kerrd5 Ace

Keir,

If you are interested, I can send you a few U.S. Army Signal Corps' photos from Dachau.

Dave

6. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

How on earth do the Chinese justify such advertising campaigns?

Not saying it's illegal, but lacking in decorum. Then again, I suppose their view of Adolf Hitler is almost entirely through newsreels. There was a significant proportion of Hitler media coverage that saw Adolf as a comic-opera figure.

I also suppose the Chinese would be a little put out if our media used Maoist imagery to sell products.

It was also great to see Burger King conquering a Nazi site, (and co-existing with the outline of a Nazi Eagle). That photo alone was a fine representation of the triumph of the will....the will of the common people, that is.

7. Lairdkeir

Lairdkeir Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome. My students have to do research papers in history and I've always thought forums like this are terrific resources. You can live here all your life but will require someone from Iowa to tell you what you haven't been seeing...
    I had one student do her paper on whether or not Hitler had Parkinson's disease. If so, he would probably have only had 4 years to live (1940, mind). This would explain his haste to gamble by attacking the USSR. We had a doctor (and amateur Third Reich aficionado) give his diagnosis whilst she got a second opinion from her Chinese doctor. Others provided newsreels, quotes, sources... These sites are terrific pools of knowledge!
    Only yesterday I took my parents to Landshut which I knew was where Himmler had been raised and educated. I found out (when I came home) that one of the stained glass windows in St. Martin's church depicted Hitler, Goering and Goebbels as tormentors to a martyr as well as other sites. I'll have to go again now that I know what I'm looking for which will be hard with a new son and overextended wife....
    As for the use of Hitler in Chinese advertisements, I've often seen the shield of David be used to promote products that will save people money. But then, there's that huge portrait honouring the 20th century's (history's?)greatest mass murderer overlooking Tiananmen Sq. and on all the currency...
    Not sure I agree with Burger King conquering the swastika- it's keeping it alive. Although I take your point that it is demeaning or cheapening it. When I saw it for the first time the mere shadow of the reichsadler seemed to have a malevolent potency while all I could think was that there was nowhere business would not go, literally or metaphorically,` to make money

8. Greg Canellis

Greg Canellis Member

Welcome! Excellent website! I visited the Zeppelin Grandstand in 2000. Looking out from the Rostrum, then, the lot was full of construction vehicles and equipment. I see they have cleaned it up a bit since then.

Greg C.

9. 36thID

36thID Member

An amazing site !! Great work !!

I am one of 30 American students from St. Louis Missouri, that worked at the Muchen Olympics in 1972. We are planning a reunion tour next year. I may be asking you for advise in the future.

Best Regards

10. GrammarNazi

GrammarNazi recruit

Yo tracesofevil dude, you might want to check what you write, because as far as i know, there is only one Goering.
    also dude, you got a pretty interesting site going on there, i mean with all dem evil stuff and all

11. lwd

lwd Ace

12. Lairdkeir

Lairdkeir Member

Thanks, Steve. One of my students is writing his research paper on something to do with the massacre of Israeli athletes during those Games, so maybe we can reciprocate!

Keir

13. 36thID

36thID Member

I would be happy to assist, I was there !!

14. GrammarNazi

GrammarNazi recruit

Dear Lwd,
    i am in deep concern about your reaction to my obviously not completely serious post. You see, when i reffered to there only being one Goering, i was refferring to both the tracesofevil dudes post which stated "St. Martin's church depicted Hitler, Goering and Goering as tormentors" and the one main Göring he was so obviously reffering to. I mearly wanted to clear up any false stories he may or may not have heard about a possible Göring clone and therefore sincerely appologise to you lwd that you felt the sudden urge to have to correct my correcting and find some web articles for me to read.

By the way, The pernaunschiation of words becomes easier, if you start using the German Umlaut such as the Ö (to clear up any missunderstandings before hand, this last sentence is meant for the tracesofevil dude)

15. 36thID

36thID Member

Grammernazi..... Take it or leave it, it's only me, you have not made a good impression on your FIRST 2 POSTS !!!!

Sloniksp likes this.
  16. Lairdkeir

Lairdkeir Member

Yes, but was it due to Parkinson's, psychosomatic or a direct result of the 1944 bomb plot? My only question though is why did it take some doctor in Brooklyn to make such a diagnosis decades after when those who worked in close proximity never mentioned such "shakes"? Nowhere in Goebbels's diaries nor in anyting Speer wrote or said indicated such symptoms.

17. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Really?

It has been a while since I have seen a rogue enter a forum and a discussion with such a constructive first post...

I do not know where it is that you came from or who taught you manners but there are far better ways of addressing your elders (who you have not met) from other parts of the world than "Yo dude" NOT a good way to make a first impression.

36thID likes this.
  18. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hmm, I love the Artic climate of the cooler for the trollernazi "dude"...... :pP_grenate1::troll1:

36thID and formerjughead like this.
  19. 36thID

36thID Member

Im still looking for the umlaut on my keyboard....

20. lwd

lwd Ace

I think you have to enable the German charater set first. Then it may be a control key sequence or something like that. You can also use some character sets I think. Going into word and clicking on insert symbol and you'll get a list that includes the umlauted characters such as "ë". Rather a long way arround and it seems to have affected the font I'm writing in. Some of our European contributers are likely much more familiar with this sort of thing and can be of more help.