This was not easy. I never built a destroyer. I believe I used tweezers for about 3/4 of the build. A flashlight and toothpicks. I cussed a little too. It had arrived from Amazon a week ago and it took me probably 12 hours with painting to complete it. Some mistakes but shaky at 75. No more tiny parts models for me, if ever I do any more it will be aircraft. They give you a bunch of spare parts, could have used another stanchion for the bow as mine broke in half so it is a bit short. I could have easily made one but was a bit tired towards the end. But once again, you just cannot beat Tamiya for quality models. The fit of parts was fantastic. I used some of my own paint scheme but got maroon spray for the hull as I didn’t think that the real ships were a bright red. As far as painting, I have learned that less is better with Navy ships, rather than having it look like a Christmas tree. I know there is a technique for painting the camo pattern on the hull and I thought about cutting Frog tape in a design and spraying it but then changed my mind. The picture on the box and instructions showed railings but none were included. I am basically happy with it.