Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

YouTube condemned over Nazi videos

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by PzJgr, Dec 31, 2008.

1. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

censorship rules! When will they start burning books and close museums like the Nazis did? It's always the same, some troll will promote Nazi policies and pollute historical documents and they are lost for everybody else.

3. hucks216

hucks216 Member

The negative reporting in the article doesn't help much either!

4. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Its called Freedom of Speech and I think they're being a little extreme. It seems like the Jews get up in arms when anything involves Germany - like the naming rights of the new Jets/Giants Stadium, which a Car Company that had made vehicles for the Nazis (or something) wanted naming rights to the stadium, but the Jews did not like that. Yes, I understand that certain things like Swastikas etc should be banned, but some of this stuff is a little ridiculous.

5. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

You know, I think that common sense is just nonexistant anymore. Next, they will go after this forum because we may say something positive about the Germans (not Nazis) or if we show any sympathy to those who died under the hail of bombs in Dresden. Or heck, even pin me to the cross because I call myself Pzjgr because my grandfather fought on the wrong side.

Yes, I agree that they are over reacting and once again the media exploits the negative. I think that Spitting Image had it right showing the press as swine.

6. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

We have to bear in mind that not all youtube viewers are as cultivated and detached as the better members of WW2Forum. It is a pity, but if a bush attracts more flies than honeybees then it should be cut. The honeybees will be able to survive.

Miguel B. and sommecourt like this.
  7. hucks216

hucks216 Member

What gets my goat is that Jewish groups justifiably & obviously condemn Nazi attrocities but as soon as there is a report of a Jewish resistance group having committed attrocities they are the first to cry foul and condemn all such accusations.

tommy tater likes this.
  8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

The article says it was a member of parliament who asked for the removal, there is no mention of any religious lobby whatsoever.

9. hucks216

hucks216 Member

I agree with you on that point but I also refer to the new film Defiance about the Bielski brothers. Their efforts and exploits are undoubted, not to mention applauded, but it has also been mentioned recently that the group may not of been as white as snow as first thought with regards to killing civillians, but that report was jumped on by various Jewish organisations and slammed as being anti-semitic and untruthful. In partisan warfare on such a savage front it is hard to imagine a group that didn't commit a war crime at some point or another.

I will get off my soap box now! :D

10. Joe

Joe Ace

It's not the videos that I don't like, it's the people who make the comments.
    Recently there was this guy who tried to convert me to the BNP.
    I find www.break.com much better.

11. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Agreed. Because of people who make those silly comments on the videos , these pieces of history will now be doomed

12. hucks216

hucks216 Member

I agree also. Unfortunately the people who can see the historical side to these films are heavily outnumbered by those that can't see past the swastika.

13. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Must be the holiday spirit, I find myself in agreement with the three people above me!

Ask me again in two days time :rofl:

14. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Za, how much have you had to drink today? ;)

15. Richard

Richard Expert

If someone puts up unedited footage then what is wrong with that? I do agree is some smart ass edited the footage and spiced in anti-Semitic remarks then yes it should be pulled. The problem is even with the raw footage people can leave comments. And if you get some dickhead saying the SS were great cool killers, well that person needs some re-education, if possible.

Policing the Internet is just hard at the best of times. If raw footage is pulled just because of some prats comment then they got it wrong. Delete there offensive comment not the footage of the time. Pay no attention to that liberal MP a lot of them just jump on the bandwagon to look good.

All WW2 film footage should be allowed to be seen and not pulled off the Internet. Once that happens good bye documentary's DVD's and so on.

16. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Just to play devil's advocate here. And not saying they are right or wrong. But isn't YouTube privately owned like THC and this site? You have to join to become a member and post. So the FOS doesn't apply there as it doesn't here. And being so they have the right to determine what can and can't be on thier site and delete or ban what they consider offensive to others? The owners are the ones that make the rules. I have seen some links here that others have posted here that I found offensive due to them being Nazi promoting and adoring. But I believe that if they are just original footage it should be left alone. But there are some that are edited to show or promote a pro-Nazi veiw or agenda.

17. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Interesting point.