Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

1942 Secretarial Training Book (code?)

Discussion in 'Codes, Cyphers & Spies' started by Michael Barr, Mar 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Michael Barr

Michael Barr New Member

Hello all,

I know a fair bit about WWII, but I definitely wouldn't call myself an enthusiast. So, I have a great Aunt who served in the military during the war. I know that's vague, but I don't know many details. Anyway, her name was Kay Rozic, and when I was searching through old family 'treasures', I found a small binder book with words printed by typewriter from A-Z with what seems to be some sort of 1-1 code written next to it. I don't think it's that much, but it would be interesting to know if there is any sense to be made out of its history and use. There are also note pages in the back that make reference to the Edison effect and math work. There are a list of distributive factors on one page (basic algebra to pre-calc). And there are a few pages of scratch formula work.

Anyway, here is the link to a google drive folder I created with some reference pictures.
    Secretarial Training - Google Drive

The best way to contact me outside of the forum is emailing barrms@miamioh.edu

2. Class of '42

Class of '42 Active Member

I'd say the noted words and symbols were for a class in dictating in short-hand...as for the math formulas and such I couldn't even guess..I was lucky to get thru algebra.