Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Another ace passes away.....

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Erich, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I am truly saddened to report the passing of Night fighter ace Wilhelm Johnen of NJG 6. Wilhelm had been battling Altzheimer's disease for quite some time.

Rest in Peace friend.......

:(

E

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I am sorry guys......the date was

7 February 2002

E

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

:( :( :( Damn :( :( :(

Erich--have you heard from Martin Drewes recently? its been about a month for me.

4. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Don't scare me like that, Carl...

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Gag, no I haven't heard a thing from anyone actually. Wrote a brief yesterday to a pilot from 9./NJG 5 but nothing. you guess is as good as ine. Try again, but would give the ace guys at least 1/2 months before writing again. Martin Drewes travels quite a bit from what I hear from a Brazilian friend.
    Just got back from a funeral today honouring a 31 year old friend who used to work with me. A goergous green eyed blonde died from a stinking brain anerism. Besides being totally in shock and depressed, I have really been out of sorts the last 4 days.......sorry guys.

hope to hear positive news about martin soon eh.....and Remy ?

E

6. Paul Errass

Paul Errass Member

Erich,

I heard from Remy and Joanna at Christmas,they were fine,i think a lot of mail has not got to them for some reason.I am sending Remy another letter this week.

Paul [​IMG]

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Well I feel better that Remy and his wife are still with us. Things travel at a snails pace during November through January of the year. I sent out 6 letters in November, a month I hve always swore to myself I would never send out in.....and sure enough I heard back from all the Luftwaffe vets before the end of the year. Really had not expected to hear a thing almost till now if at all since we have all discussed the mail and what may happen to it during the holidays.

Let me re-interrate again......Guys, please if you are wishing to write any vet Allied or German, you must do it now. They are passing from us and every time one passes away we lose another piece of history......our history ! sniff, sniff....

E

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Sorry Stevin, and Erich--sorry for the losses. Someone at that young age being called home so early--I feel for you my friend.

My best wishes go out to her family.
    Take care my friend and will be back here tomorrow. [​IMG]