Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Any 144 scale collectors

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Prospero Quevedo, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

Lol yeah know people who have done that and you can buy them so cheap at yard sales or flea markets. So many people buy fish for their kids and then the fish die and then the kids lose interest and the tank sits in the garage. Got some cheap aquariums myself when my ex wanted to get some fish lasted two months.

2. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

we had one of the bowls for a fish--and it died ..yes...I've been getting bored so I guess I might try to finish my ship--IF I can find it..hahahahahah
    ..if, not, maybe I'll get another one

3. Prospero Quevedo

Crap now that I think about it I got those kits not long after they first came out. Heck I've had those kits for decades now. Shameful I should finish one of them.

4. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Great collection and a million hours of work, I bet. I prefer bigger ones though. The big problem was the paint job. Making different variants I think you had to wait for the first paint job dry and then make the next part and so on, so building the kit is not a problem, waiting for the paint job get ready might take a week.

5. Prospero Quevedo

I thin my paints lacquer, acrylic, water base with lacquer thinner makes the paint smoother and dries within an hour. Plus in an airbrush sprays thin and even and helps keep the gun from clogging. Just don't spray too heavy mighty melt the model.

Kai-Petri likes this.
  6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

My "gems" waiting for the proper moment..... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Prospero Quevedo

I never saw that 262 variant. Was it just for bomber demolition or anti tank as well damn have extra 262s now I want to do one of those, lol. Did you see that 262 some guy built everything duplicated except the engines. The guy used modern jet engines in the nacelles. Other wise it looks authentic not sure if it was full scale as lots of these replicas are like 3/4 -7/8 like hell what's the 7/8 thing go full scale.

8. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Nope, did not see the duplicated Me 262 but then again my free time goes to reading ww2 books.
    This Me 262 version has a 50 mm nose gun and it was meant to shoot Allied bombers from the sky.

9. Prospero Quevedo

I figured as much but wasn't sure if they got desperate enough to send it on tank busting missions. Going to have to do some research to get the dimensions and other camp and unit markings thanks for sharing

10. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Maybe more famous is RudelĀ“s Ju 87G tank buster:

[​IMG]

Also at least in Kursk they used the Henschel Hs 129 B-3 tank buster

[​IMG]

11. Prospero Quevedo

I figured as much but thought as the Germans got desperate if they may have tried tank busting missions. Great looking kits