Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Axe assault in German train

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Skipper, Jul 18, 2016.

1. green slime

green slime Member

That I already knew.

What I was asking, was "If you have information that this is terrorist related, you should inform the Police."

"A man is thought to have shot dead two female members of his family near a swimming pool in Spalding on Tuesday morning.
    The incident was near Castle Swimming Pool at around 09:00 when three people including the suspected gunman died."

2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

The Police are stressing the Lincolnshire incident is probably a family dispute.

3. OhneGewehr

OhneGewehr New Member

Yes he did. And he was dangerous. So he had to be stopped.
    But it was a special force, to hit the legs or arms maybe was possible. An investigation will show it.

4. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I think we're failing to miss the point, just as we always do. Whether he was directed or not matters not a whit. Think back to the communist or fascist cells of the early/mid 20th century, or even the neo-nazis today that pollute the streets in every western nation Most of these were not and are not directed by some central authority in Berline or Moscow, they were/are just splinter groups or fellow travelers who adapt the 'philosophy' to justify their own actions.

We're not fighting ISIS, were fighting a twisted form of a major religion. If you could push a button and kill every active member of ISIS, it wouldn't change a thing. They'll just pop up under a different name in a different place (Boko Haram...) and these lone wolves will spring up out of nowhere inspired by the violence these organized groups inflict.

5. green slime

green slime Member

I agree.

It matters only as much as ascribing it to ISIS and a deliberate, planned attack generates more fear, and attributes more power to an organisation which in reality has very little.

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

7. Takao

Takao Ace