Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Betraying Our Dead - 9-11-09

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by texson66, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

It's the same Here Carl, I have been trying to buy local only, well it's bloody imposible: whether's it's shoes , electronica and recently...... pickles!!! Local farmers have to close their companies because we are flooded with these "made in China" pickles. I don't want them , but even restaurants and companies cafeterias get them now. Also our companies are facing bigger problems everyday with fakes popping up eveywhere : even fake cigarettes are made in China ....

2. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

Tomcat,

"I don't agree with the term 'muslim barbarians'. They are simply men fighting for there god and country just like the Americans in this century, and just like the Europeans during the Great Crusades. They should be considered guerilla's, or even terrorists but not barbarians."

In my personal view, anyone that cuts out the clitoris of a small child, hacks off the head of a POW, plans and executes the mass murder of 3000 "innocent civilians", treats women like cattle, or worse, IS a barbarian!

(An EXTREMELY dangerous one at that)

John.

A-58 likes this.
  3. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

urgh,

"Im pretty black and white on this one tomcat. I judge barbarian on how you treat your prisoners. Its usually a good rule of thumb. But i certainly do not class muslim race as barberous. We dont always have clean hands either."

How the "peace-lovers" treat POWs etc IS barbaric.

Remember Somalia, and the early days in Iraq when Americans were dragged through the streets and hung from a bridge? How about a nice beheading with a rusty knife?

Imagine the moral outrage from the worlds media if the USA did that in the streets of Washington! They scream about water boarding and so on!!!!

...and Islam is NOT a "race", it is a religion!

John

4. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

Carl,

Just one point from your #21.

In my unqualified economic view the USA has China and Japan by the gonads. These 2 countries own LOTS of American paper, both US Treasury Bonds and Wall Street shares, to an astounding total. Well over 4 trillion I think.

The simply CANNOT demand repayment overnight as it is first impossible to comply, and a refusal cannot be followed by invasion and repossession! They cannot enforce any demand they make.

A share holding in a US company can only be sold on the open market of Wall St, and they are price takers not price setters there. With US Treasury Bonds, they are dated securities (30 years?) so they MUST sit on them to maturity or sell them to an open market, NOT demand repayment by the US Treasury.

AND both countries know damned well that forcing a disaster on the US economy will hurt them far more than it hurts the USA.

And nobody else has the readies to cough up the price, and if they did put the Bonds etc on the market the value would go down by 90% overnight.

John.

5. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

Now Carl, in this point we see eye to eye. I also try to buy local whenever I can. I do that for years. It's greener to. China's control over pollutants used in dyes and the like is (in a positive light) scarse. They are trying to change it as they realised they are actually killing the population with procedeures like this (rivers with water so tarnished that they aren't even used in farming industry). Still, if our goverments don't do squat about this, we should. Even if it costs us more.

6. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

Of interest to some, it has been worse (in 1945), and solved in a decade.

John.

Attached Files:

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, OzJohn,

Skipper, samething here ;-)) I had one hell of a great and lengthy reoply but something screwed up and I guess it didn't take hold here? Anyway, to make it lots much shorter, I went on a rant about certain products that sodl well and are still being made but-wally world (aka) walmart-flat out refuses to carry on theirshelves so that they can make room for foreign made foods that I dont mind them carrying-just not at the expense of products I grew up with, and like and would like to still purchase.

OzJohn, I had a grea treply for you as well but since the computer messed up_i lost it all-Grrr. Anyway, I had an answer for you that was the only way I coulc think of to answer you with but ill try it again providing my post takes hold this time?

Anyway, it didn't directly be a reply for the exact thing you asked above but-you would have got the "Jist" of it anyway ;-))

Anyway, im not worried about how much paper money or other assets that would have to be relinquished to China had they decided to call in their Chips-but, they already do own certain things, places, companies etc here-or are the senior partners in owning some of what makes up our infrastructure. I can't cite exactly what and don't have time or interest to try looking that stuff up-but, China actually has the USA by its balls and their grip is getting tighter. Pardon the way I had in trying to explain but-its all I could think ofat this time.

Best regards-_Carl.

8. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

Carl,

Not in the league of the PRC I know, but Australia, and many other countries, own much of America. America owns much of Australia and many other countries around the world.

News Corporation (FOX) is an Australian company that has shifted its domicile to NYC for various legal reasons.

The Australian 'Westfield' is the largest regional shopping centre owner in the USA. There are too many others to list.

Being an owner of shares or property in the USA does not mean a liability by the American people to the owner. If that owner (the PRC), wishes to sell he can, but he takes what the market will pay, and no more.

It the market knows that a seller is desperate to off-load his stuff, the value goes through the floor. The PRC will hold whether it wants to or not, it has NO choice.

John.

C.Evans likes this.
  9. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Who do you think your talking to when you speak of peace lovers...Just what is your history in the armed forces?

10. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

"Who do you think your talking to when you speak of peace lovers...Just what is your history in the armed forces?"

I am not at all sure I understand this remark, and I am also unsure if you realise that islam is often described by themselves as "the religion of peace" and its members as "peace lovers".

Peace lovers my arse!

What the peace lovers do to POWs is disgusting (AND barbaric), and no British soldier should be unaware of what they do!

ARE you or were you a British soldier?

Being British, you may also be unaware that three peace lovers, British subjects all, have been sent up for life for planning the murder of 100s if not 1000s of "innocent civilians" in planes over the Atlantic.

As to my history in the Australian Army, I was but a poor "Nasho" that served for 2 years in the late '50s. The Army and I parted by mutual consent in 1960.

John.

C.Evans likes this.
  11. urqh

Yes i was both a british soldier and airman. Both for many years and got a war pension and disability for it. You responded to my post as if i was a weak peace lover. I have seen the results of terrorism first hand. Be more careful with your replies there are folk on this board that have got some in.

12. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

"Be more careful with your replies there are folk on this board that have got some in."

Take your advice and.........

13. urqh

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi John, heh heh, just dont tell Bill O'Reilly that he works for Australians ;-)) He'd blow his Irish steam stack ;-)0 Just kidding of course. In fact, that is something I had not known about Fox News-but was interesting to find out ;-))

I don't believe I have ever hard of Westfield, but tell me if they (Australia) happens to own a new walmart-like (in products they sell only) which is called-I believe?? Tiffanys???? The reason I mention this is that walmart is currently doing an ad campaign about how great they are to do business with and also have an over-used slogan that sounds like someone is trying to do some sort of Chinese torture on me) Anyway, wm is shaking in their hobnailed boots because they now have a major rival to worry about and that rival is rapidly gaining ground on them-business-wise. If they ever come to my area and build stores here-wm has seen the last of my money ;-))

Take care John, and I hope you don't mind me saying that I :salute: you for your service. Best regards--Carl.

I forgot to mention that the US owes a lot to other Countries as well. I can't cite exactly what but, China happens to be one of the ones that we have the biggest debts with. Whats-her-face-Mrs Marcos from the Philippines owns some choice business district property in Corpus Christi. The actual space seems small but-for that lot-they are asking something like $20 million for it.

15. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

Carl,

Westfield Shopping Mall

I am sure Bill O'Reilly would be aware that News Corporation began in Adelaide many years ago, and that Rupert Murdock, sometimes called "the Dirty Digger" for his underdressed Page 3 girls in the UK, is his boss.

Murdock took over the New York Post as his first sortie into the US and eventually owned so much he had to take out US citizenship and move his company to NYC to get around the ownership laws.

Do a Google on 'Foreign Holders of US Treasury Bonds'. Amazingly, the UK is third on the list from memory.

Edit.............http://www.ustreas.gov/tic/mfhhis01.txt

http://www.treas.gov/tic/mfh.txt

John.

PS, COSTCO has just opened in Melbourne, and from my experience of Wall-Mart in my 3 visits to the USA, I would much rather have WM than Costco. We have nothing like it over here.

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi John, I've heard him mention Mr Murdock many times. I was only kidding about Bill not knowing whom he worked for ;-))

As for Costco, I THINK they might also b here in Houston? but not sure? I know they are a large national chain store though-just like Albertsons, HEBs, WM, and Krogers. There is a fairly lage German owned chain store here tooo but I can't think of their name off-hand though I have heard about them, I THINk they are only located up North?"?? but don't hold that thought as absolute ;-))

I've never been to a Costco, so I can't say anything about them but-HEBs is pretty good as far as WM-like stores go. About a year before I moved from Corpus Christi to Houston, they (HEB) opened a very large store in Corpus (on the side of town that have the most Richer folks residing on) and it was a mind-staggering 79,000 square feet. I never really went inside to look at what they had to offer. The farthest I went inside-was only to use thier Latrines that were located just inside the entrance of the store. The place was too big for me and I didn't have the time to go in and have a look see.

Albertsons is like another version of Krogers and HEBs. They each have their good qualities and also the bad ones. What I hate about HEBs-is that it seems like everytime I turn around-they are taking off their shelves-a product I have enjoyed all my life-only to replace it with a house brand-which usually is not near as good) or flat out-just don't carry the product. Same goes fro WM. Krogers is pretty good about carrying the items these other places do not-such as those Mini Toasts I like-which make for a low calorie and tummy filling snack) as well as a few other items.

One product that I was extremely shocked to see WM start carrying recently-was Merci, brand Chocolate which I think is from Germany? ANyway, Germany was where I first discovered these Chocolates, bought a few boxes of it for my self and to give out to family and friends. Well, abiut 2 years ago-I happened to swagger into a Target (which is French owned) and my eyes popped outta my eyesockets, bounced on the floor and then back into their sockets-because I saw that they had Merci Chocolates. Nobody else carried them.

One of my major things that I absolutely hate about WM-is that when they send in their Spies into other stores to see what they have that WM does not have. I know this happens all the time by all the stores but, WM is so hell bent on trying to squash any competition they face. Well, whatever the name of this new company that is rapidly gaining on them and WM-for the first time ever-according to the news-for the first time ever, they faced a fairly large quarterly loss--which is partly due to that new company giving them a run for their money. I hate WM so much-that I hope that other company at least "puts them into place" though I don't wish them to go out of business but, i'd love to see WM start losing out and maybe after floods of customers quit going there-maybe then they will start listening to customers and start carrying itmes they want instead of what WM wants.

17. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

John, just out of interest legally speaking the term 'race' can be used to include religion at least in the uk and it's use colloquially is common. Also worth noting that whatever the actions of extremists etc the vast majority of muslims do try to live in relative peace. Christianity also claims to be a peaceful religion and yet has caused more and bloodier wars than almost anything in history. How about the butchering of european jews? What about the calls to genocide in the old testament? What about men like bush who presided over torture in the name of christ? What about the kkk? Christianity has more than enough blood on it's hands by now. All religion begets evil if it is followed blindly, should we be surprised then that people living in a medieval world follow their religious leaders with medieval vehemence? Maybe the surprise should be that in our 'more advanced' civilisation there are still people for whom blind faith is enough justification to do foul things.