Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Corona Virus - How is that working for you?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by wooley12, Mar 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

The Q question.
    Too bad msm hasnt the balls to ask.
    This is glorious.
    Wait for it...
    tic tok, time has run out.
    welcome back Mr Flynn

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  2. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Hey Captain. The ship is still sinking from an unknown number of holes but the galley is dry. Shore leave for the cooks?

3. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Might fly. I was a cook.

4. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Early treatment of COVID-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin: A retrospective analysis of 1061 cases in Marseille, France
    Administration of the HCQ+AZ combination before COVID-19 complications occur is safe and associated with very low fatality rate in patients.
    Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin plus zinc vs hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin alone: outcomes in hospitalized COVID-19 patients
    This study provides the first in vivo evidence that zinc sulfate in combination with hydroxychloroquine may play a role in therapeutic management for COVID-19.

Hydrogen Peroxide A Potential Treatment For Coronavirus Infection?
    Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) appears to be another potential treatment for COVID-19. Health experts said the compound could help prevent virus from spreading across the body and from causing damage.
    Hydrogen peroxide can be found both in stores and the human body. The immune system uses the compound to boost the natural functions of cells and prevent viral infection. ...
    Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, H2O2 may help fight the coronavirus, according to Dr. Thomas Levy. He said people can utilize hydrogen peroxide using its aerosolized form in a standard nebulizer.

Aytu BioScience Signs Exclusive Global License with Cedars-Sinai for Potential Coronavirus Treatment
    The Healight technology employs proprietary methods of administering intermittent ultraviolet (UV) A light via a novel endotracheal medical device. Pre-clinical findings indicate the technology’s significant impact on eradicating a wide range of viruses and bacteria, inclusive of coronavirus.
    The data have been the basis of discussions with the FDA for a near-term path to enable human use for the potential treatment of coronavirus in intubated patients in the intensive care unit (ICU). Beyond the initial pursuit of a coronavirus ICU indication, additional data suggest broader clinical applications for the technology across a range of viral and bacterial pathogens.

5. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

pardon me, but that sounded like some good news.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  6. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Recommended by Elon Musk, the rocketeer.

Locking up the elderly until coronavirus is defeated is a cruel mockery of basic human values: Former Supreme Court judge LORD SUMPTION gives a withering critique of the Government's lockdown

COVID-19 is not the greatest crisis in our history. It is not even the greatest public health crisis in our history. But the lockdown is without doubt the greatest interference with personal liberty in our history.
    It is normal at this point to add 'in peacetime'. But we can forget that. Even in wartime, we never confined the entire population to their homes, 24/7, if they did not have some excuse acceptable to a Minister.
    States have always tried to confine people known to be carrying dangerous infections. But we live in a new world in which, if we are ill, the State will try to cure us. From this, it is said to follow that the State can take control of our lives against our will even if we are healthy, lest we fall ill and need its services too much.
    Suddenly, it is our duty to save the NHS, not the other way round.
    We went to war in 1939 because lives were worth losing for liberty. We allow cars on the roads because lives are worth losing for convenience. We travel by air although pollution kills. We tut-tut about it, but we willingly do it.
    What sort of life do we think we are protecting? There is more to life than the avoidance of death. Life is a drink with friends. Life is a crowded football match or a live concert. Life is a family celebration with children and grandchildren. Life is companionship, an arm around one's back, laughter or tears shared at less than two metres. These things are not just optional extras. They are life itself. They are fundamental to our humanity, to our existence as social beings.

Half Track likes this.
  7. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Crikey...its only a few months...

8. Half Track

I read the whole article, I liked it. Since our county, Franklin County, reps have told our governor to shove it and that the state is going from red to yellow on the 15th of May, even if he was not ready to give the ok, I am anxious to see how this plays out. He and his transvestite secretary of health have set the state in zones, red to yellow to green, and green means it’s all a go. And yes our wonderful state secretary of health is a man that became a woman. Check it out, Dr. Rachel Levine Pennsylvania State Secretary of Health. Originally Richard Levine.

9. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

I used to sell clothing for large ladies to small town dress shops. More than a few had good customers who we're 220 lb men buying for a gift for their sister.

An older guy posted on the town FB page that he'd feel safer if people wore masks in stores. About 20 people told him to go fuck himself. His neighbors. With no aliases. But they were probably all straight.

10. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

The Worldwide Lockdown May Be the Greatest Mistake in History
    The forcible prevention of Americans from doing anything except what politicians deem “essential” has led to the worst economy in American history since the Great Depression of the 1930s. It is panic and hysteria, not the coronavirus, that created this catastrophe. And the consequences in much of the world will be more horrible than in America.

The United Nations World Food Programme, or the WFP, states that by the end of the year, more than 260 million people will face starvation — double last year’s figures. According to WFP director David Beasley on April 21: “We could be looking at famine in about three dozen countries. ...
    That would be enough to characterize the worldwide lockdown as a deathly error. But there is much more. If global GDP declines by 5%, another 147 million people could be plunged into extreme poverty, according to the International Food Policy Research Institute.
    across South Asia, as of a month ago, tens of millions were already “struggling to put food on the table.” Again, all because of the lockdowns, not the virus.

In one particularly incomprehensible act, the government of India, a poor country of 1.3 billion people, locked down its people. As Quartz India reported on April 22, “Coronavirus has killed only around 700 Indians … a small number still compared to the 450,000 TB and 10,000-odd malaria deaths recorded every year.”
    One of the thousands of unpaid garment workers protesting the lockdown in Bangladesh understands the situation better than almost any health official in the world: “We are starving. If we don’t have food in our stomach, what’s the use of observing this lockdown?” But concern for that Bangladeshi worker among the world’s elites seems nonexistent.

11. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Despair, anxiety, bankruptcies, suicide, reduced productivity, diminishment of life expectancy as well as “quality of life,” and postponement of elective surgeries (just one example of undoubted millions: my wife’s mother is going blind but corrective treatment has been put off indefinitely) are some of the consequences of the great “flattening.”
    the motives of our political and media elites are as suspect as their credulity; it is no surprise that they readily adopted the false Coronavirus models and statistical projections of a charlatan like British science guy Neil Ferguson, with the result of near-universal social and economic calamity. “Ferguson’s self-centered attitude is all over the place,” writes Bryan Preston, “reflecting both an elitism and rank ignorance of economics and consequences.” Ferguson’s “track record is terrible,” his predictive models in the past skewed by several orders of magnitude.
    Rather piquantly but not entirely unexpectedly, Ferguson was later found to have violated his own lockdown directives, receiving visits from his married mistress.
    Meanwhile, as was to be anticipated, our medical “experts,” who have been consistently wrong à la Ferguson, are now predicting two and three succeeding waves of the pandemic, which will keep us in limbo for up to the next eighteen months—by which time we will no longer have a recognizable world and the casualty count from our moribund economies will exceed numerical probability.

12. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Meanwhile in the real world......

At least 80,000 Americans are dead in the space of 3 months and the White House is our newest 'hot spot'.

13. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

In the real world ~700,000 Americans die in the space of 3 months - from other causes.

And many of the 80,000 deaths resulted from comorbidity, meaning even without the virus their chances of survival were slim or non-existent.

Half Track likes this.
  14. belasar

belasar Court Jester

So 11% increase in dead American's is quite all right is it. Are you prepared to be one of the 11%?

Our founding document was dedicated to "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness". There is a reason life comes first, for without it the others are meaningless.

15. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

16. Half Track

Pretty good article. This county, area, can go from red to yellow on the 15th of May. I won’t change the way I have been doing things, at least not in the near future. I will still just opt for take-out food, go to the grocery store and drug store with a mask and spend as little time in there as I have to spend. Use the drive-thru at the bank. As far as the dentist I plan to wait a while, maybe a few more months. My teeth may suffer as I am due for a six month check up now. If my doctor has office visits by June when my yearly check up is due, I will have to make that decision at that time.
    I never was one to travel a lot. I plan to go hunting, hiking and shoot at my gun club.
    But I sure as hell am not going to run around with fear in my heart once this area has been given the “green” light. Especially if the cases have almost completely diminished. I will go to a mall or a department store. Visit with neighbors and relatives. May sit in a restaurant after a few more months have passed. As far as the movies I believe that will be a no for a very long time. I will get a shot of the vaccine once it becomes available.
    My wife and I are both of one mind on this, she being 70 and me being 75. We really have no health problems. We just are going to try to live the most responsible life style in regards to this pandemic and hope we stay healthy. Not much more to do I suppose.
    I do worry about my mom, however. She is 105, in assisted living. She was 3 during the Spanish flu pandemic. She made it.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    belasar likes this.
  17. Takao

Takao Ace

Enjoy it in Franklin County. Here in. Berks we will still be Red till June. Although local authorities are looking into possibly opening up sooner, as state requirements are shall we say messed up.

Half Track likes this.
  18. Takao

Takao Ace

Exactly what I would expect from a right wing MSM site.

Lives don't mater...$$$ matters.

How much has PJ Media donated to help fight TDR-TB & MDR-TB in India?

Can they even find India on a map, or would they point to Indiana?

19. Takao

Takao Ace

Well the average US death rate is about 233,333 deaths per month...And this has been going on for a little over 2 .5 months, not 3...First US death was Feb. 26(possibly 1 or 2 early in Feb).

Comorbidity is a curious thing...How many would have died without corona...Likely very few.

How long can one live with diabetes?

How long can one live with asthma?

20. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Yes, many strains, which is why a vaccine is less and less a "solution." And yes, herd immunity suffers from the same failing. All of this should lead you to the conclusion that we can't stay in our bunkers forever. After all, a disease with a .04 (point ZERO four) mortality rate is hardly an emergency.

And yes, Trump did shut down travel from China. You're buying the media narrative that speaks of the 40,000 people that came in after the "shutdown." Unfortunately, those 40,000 people were US citizens. Would you rather he locked them inside a totalitarian dictatorship?

Yes, Trump did call the virus the Chinese virus, which it is. MERS is Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome, should we call it something else? Ebola is named after the Ebola River where it first presented. Should we change that name? Spanish Flu... I could go on.

Half Track likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.