The Degtyarev Machine Gun was developed after the 1st World War for the Russian Army. Similar to the British Vickers Gun except in calibre. 2 versions were produced the DP "Infantry" weapon and the DT "Tank" version for use either internally or externally on Tanks. During the Winter War with Finland several were captured by Finnish forces and used against the Red Army with great success. It remained the standard Red Army Light Machine Gun until 1944 when a new weapon was produced the DPM. On the left, The DP Infantry Machine Gun and on the Right the DT Tank version. The Infantry Weapon had a magazine capacity of 47 rounds and the Tank version could hold 54 rounds.