Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

do we need a reenactment section?

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by aquist, Mar 27, 2005.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    I notice the Axis history forum has a reenactment section and I have posted on it. but maybe not- reenactors are so anal they love to jump all over and criticize you before you are half finished saying what you are trying to say, and I will admit I am also critical. but I would volunteer to moderate ours if we start one. Let me know what you think about this perhaps there are not enough reenactors on our forum. :eek:

2. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    To be completely honest, and as much as I enjoy your posts, I don't think there are either enough re-enactors or sufficient interest here at the moment to justify a section to itself.

Maybe I am wrong, but that's just my impression from the posts and responses I have read on the forum.

3. Skua

Skua New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I´m afraid Simon is right, Kriegspfarrer. The only member of this forum I can think of, apart from you, who is involved in any reenacting, is corpcasselbury. But that´s not even the same war, is it ?

But have you tried the reenactment forum below ?

http://ww2reenactors.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

4. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    reenactment section

there is Coyote and a few others that I sent to the forum but they dont post anything very often, maybe if there were a venue they would but yes I have tried that one too but reenactors are prima donnas. and not easy to get along with

5. Skua

Skua New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well, we wouldn´t want to have more of them around here then, would we ? ;)

6. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    reenactors...

I never sent any stitch nazis to the list. obviously some reenactors are different. the ones in power on the reenactment lists are not too nice. all the people on this forum are very nice. :roll: so let me say that I have in a sense already screened the reenactors that are on the list, think of it this way if us "nice" reenactors have a refuge in which we can chat and debate without calling each other farb, faggot, imbecile n-----lover, usw then we would clutter up the lounge with reenactor speak :lol: on the main reenactor list I have been called all of the above. and even had my nationality made fun of.....Sweeeeeedish, there has been deception inuendo outright theft etc. here I was defended by Roel and others when attacked by a juvenile who wanted to say I was lying about the experiences which I had inside my own skin. (FP) :D

7. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    reenactment section and soft air and paint ball and model

combat games. there are other combat games people we might attract to the forum if there were a place to chat. soft air is very popular overseas. I am really hoping that it will get just as popular in the USA. anyway reenactment is sure to be in crises with the price of gasoline soaring, I may never attend any battles other than local ones. if there were local air softers the lack of reenactment battles would not be so bad. I know for instance that paint ball fields exist in the area. and that there are a fair number of people into that phase of realty games. maybe I should court them. I think there is a lot to be said for crossover

8. sonofecthelion

sonofecthelion New Member

via TanksinWW2
    If it is deemed unnecessary to have a whole section devoted to reenacting (which is fair enough). Then perhaps a topic somewhere would be more suitable. It would still allow reenactors to discuss their work, and would also allow you to by pass all of the Administrative beurocracy involved with having an entire topic.

But of course, that's only a suggestion. :D

9. Kellhound

Kellhound New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Re: reenactment section and soft air and paint ball and mo

The airsoft MP40 is in stores right now. Pity it's expensive for my pockets.
    I'll have to wait a few years for one, because i'm after 2 Garands right now (a real one, and an airsoft one) :D

In spanish:
    http://foro.milsimspain.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21

10. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    If it is deemed unnecessary to have a whole section devoted to reenacting (which is fair enough). Then perhaps a topic somewhere would be more suitable. It would still allow reenactors to discuss their work, and would also allow you to by pass all of the Administrative beurocracy involved with having an entire topic.

But of course, that's only a suggestion

Isn't that basically what the Members Lounge is there for?

11. sonofecthelion

sonofecthelion New Member

via TanksinWW2
    That is indeed what I was trying to suggest. Perhaps kriegspfarrer should set one up. I personally would be very interested, despite the fact I am not a reenactor.