Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Donald John Trump

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Tamino, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lwd

lwd Ace

Except he doesn't do it. He makes it quite clear he is quoting from the site linked and in most if not every case the site is clear from the link. You copied and pasted that in a way that made it look like it was your work and not the work of others.
    Exactly your link did not identify the site.
    The term "hot link" is also a synonym for "hyper link" so try again.
    And proper attribution is given. You consistently fail in that regard.

That would seem to be a rational for not including state workers if it is relevant at all.

2. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Hotlink is the term used by the computer-illiterate to describe a hyperlink.
    And they are correct there.
    People especially, young people and geeks don't use "hyperlink" anyway, it's not the nineties anymore.

Today it's a hyperlink [...] that bypasses any html pages that would identify the site or earn it advertising revenue.
    A secondary definition is:
    a connection between documents or applications which enables material from one source to be incorporated into another, in particular a facility which automatically updates material in a document when an alteration is made to the document from which it originated.
    But nobody uses too except, some boring, outdated books.

Anyway it doesn't matter what it is. If you believe I'm doing something wrong, you should contact the admins.
    Because I'm unwilling to change anything.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  3. toki2

toki2 Active Member

I have never heard such drivel in my life. I live in UK which is in Europe and not one of your claims are true.

4. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Yes, it's an exaggeration (but not much), because it's a compilation of regulations in European countries. Of course Britain is not that bad, but still:

Karma Police - the code name for an Internet mass surveillance and data collection program operated by Britain's Government Communications Headquarters.
    Extreme surveillance becomes UK law with barely a whimper - a bill giving the UK intelligence agencies and police the most sweeping surveillance powers in the western world has passed into law with barely a whimper, meeting only token resistance over the past 12 months from inside parliament and barely any from outside.
    Theresa May is planning to introduce huge regulations on the way the internet works, allowing the government to decide what is said online.

Europe's Out-of-Control Censorship - Germany has formally announced its draconian push towards censorship of social media. On March 14, Germany's Justice Minister Heiko Maas announced the plan to formalize into law the "code of conduct", which Germany pressed upon Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in late 2015, and which included a pledge to delete "hate speech" from their websites within 24 hours. [...]
    Statements that are deemed illegal under German law are now being conflated with statements that are merely deemed, subjectively and on the basis of entirely random complaints from social media users -- who are free to abuse the code of conduct to their heart's content -- to be "hate speech". "Hate speech" has included critiques of Chancellor Angela Merkel's migration policies. To be in disagreement with the government's policies is now potentially "criminal". Social media companies, such as Facebook, are supposed to be the German government's informers and enforcers -- qualified by whom and in what way? -- working at the speed of light to comply with the 24-hour rule.

ANMELDUNG : THE COMPULSORY REGISTRATION - Anmeldung, from the german An/melden, to register, this is one of the most important administrative pre-requisite to an easy and fast settlement in Berlin or anywhere in Germany.
    It is simply the fact of registering yourself as living at a specific address in Germany.
    When doing so, you will be given the “Anmeldungbescheinigung” , literally “Registration certificate”. Every German citizen or new comer in Germany is supposed to register within 14 days after moving in a new house or flat.

If course it's only Germany and the UK, but many other European countries are not much different.
    I know, I'm one of the people who collect the data, and from time to time hand it over to police an the secret service.
    Maybe it's nothing, but it isn't. I'm not going to explain why - you will not understand.

But consider this: it the technology, laws, databases had been possible at the beginning of the WW2 - no Jew would survive in Eastern Europe.
    Those people only survived (and reasonable successful underground activity was possible) because there were no IDs worth mention in the pre-war Poland, no usable ANMELDUNG - the Nazis were mostly grasping in the dark.

5. Takao

Takao Ace

No IDs in pre-war Poland?

Well, then present your pre-war Polish IDs!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, snap! .wm is caught in another lie. Shocker!

6. Takao

Takao Ace

This is true...But, only in a few very specific circumstances. Such habitually making cash deposits just under the triggering amount of $10,000.

In the main, they do, however in those few specific circumstances, they do not immediately have to prove anything.

An appeal, means you have already been convicted...

You do get your time before a judge, however, this law falls outside of the usual "due process."

7. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

You are very quick calling people liars or idiots. That's nice...

Do you see what is written on them?
    Stosownie do art. 19 rozp. Prezydenta R.P. z d. 16 marca 1928. According to article 19 of the decree of President of the Republic of Poland from March, 16th 1928 r.
    The decree is here.
    And it says the ids are given on demand - meaning there are voluntary. And you have to pay for them.
    Because of that most people didn't have them and didn't even need them.
    They used easily forgeable birth certificates.
    Even more, there was no central registry of those ids, there were local things - so they were of little use for the Gestapo.

Actually it was the Nazis that introduced their mandatory ids in Poland, but they ran out of time, and were only partially successful.

This is why I wrote:
    - there were no IDs worth mention, and
    - no usable ANMELDUNG

because both existed, but were of little value for the Nazis.
    But by 1943 they got their shit together - and their ANMELDUNG, and to lesser degree the IDs became deadly.

8. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Civil asset forfeiture - in the US, but in Europe, depending on country, it works differently.

And, yes -dream on it's nothing in the US, because even there is not. Certainly not.

9. toki2

toki2 Active Member

Oops. Forgot that I had some urgent knitting to finish.

10. Takao

Takao Ace

Actually, we had not yet become "rich" before any major regulations had arrived...

Really, American "dirt farmers" in the dust bowl were living better than any of their counterparts? Proof please!
    The American farmer living better than any of his counterparts...
    [​IMG]
    Look Ma, no crops!

Maybe...But, the horsecart & bicycle riding German farmers had something more valuable than a car...They had homes.
    No so for the American midwest farmers.
    [​IMG]
    Their cars were there homes.

The "Grapes of Wrath" was shown in the USSR...It was only later that it was withdrawn.

Not sure what your argument is here?

You have been bellyaching for several pages on how the US has too many regulations. If we have too many regulations, than should not we have more expensive gas and electricity?

11. Takao

Takao Ace

Wait...it's all clickbait trash from a clickbait website.

You scolded CAC about using a clickbait website as a source...And then turnaround and do it yourself. Not once, but three times.

12. Takao

Takao Ace

My God, man. Your "alternative facts" are worse than Donny's, and even less believable.

13. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

The story about the journalist was true and an ABC Journalist! ABC or the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is about as far from click bait as one can get...they don't even allow advertising...Its government owned and paid for.

14. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

The video isn't bad but still worthless. I've read his article based on it, and it was worse.

He is outraged and triggered because Trump supposedly wasted an opportunity to do something about North Korea. The something being a condemnation issued by G20 leaders.
    But those leaders aren't children, I think - any of them could have proposed such a statement.

And that man is naive - Kim is a criminal and genocidal murderer, he doesn't give a shit about condemnations. He and his father broken so many real, international agreements (not to mention promises) it's even hard to count them all.

Try this article by New York Times, a left leaning newspaper, so no pro-Trump bias:

What Can Trump Do About North Korea? His Options Are Few and Risky
    On Tuesday, Mr. Trump’s secretary of state, Rex W. Tillerson, called for “global action” and for the United Nations Security Council to “enact stronger measures” against the North’s government in Pyongyang. He added that the United States would consider nations that provide economic or military help to North Korea to be “aiding and abetting a dangerous regime.”

So something has been done already, but that man is not aware of it. An action was proposed not words.

And the last paragraph is interesting:

But it is now clear that Mr. Kim has no interest in giving up that power. As he looks around the world, he sees cases like that of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi of Libya, an authoritarian who gave up his nascent nuclear program, only to be deposed, with American help, as soon as his people turned against him. That is what Mr. Kim believes his nuclear program will prevent — an American effort to topple him.

He may be right.

15. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

So the main website of the non-profit Reason Foundation "committed to advancing the values of individual freedom and choice, limited government, and market-friendly policies, established almost forty years ago, with its array of high quality and knowledgeable contributors is garbage. Nice.

You don't even try to reason, or even google for information, you just invent fake info as needed, adding verbal abuse at every opportunity. Hoping that your enemy get tired or get angry - so you could report him to the admin.

I've frequently wondered why this, admittedly professionally looking and maintained site, has such an abysmal posting frequency (at least ten times worse than axisforum) and so low Alexa global index.
    Now I think I know, people like you drive away new members - successfully.

And btw:
    Możliwość uzyskania w Polsce dowodu osobistego jako krajowego dokumentu tożsamości wprowadzono rozporządzeniem Prezydenta RP z 16 marca 1928 roku[2]. Wystawiany był przez urząd gminy na żądanie zainteresowanym osobom za opłatą 60 groszy i nie był obowiązkowy. Dowód miał formę karty z szaroniebieskiego, sztywnego papieru złożonego na pół. Dopiero niemieckie władze okupacyjne w czasie II wojny światowej wprowadziły obowiązek legitymowania się dowodem osobistym (niem. Personalausweis lub krócej Ausweis), powołując się przy tym na cytowane rozporządzenie[a]. Kennkarte miała formę 6-stronicową, wydrukowana była na szarozielonym kartonie, i zawierała zdjęcie, dane osobowe i odciski palców wskazujących. Dokumenty były często fałszowane, jedną z komórek produkujących fałszywe egzemplarze tworzyli pracownicy PWPW, w której powstawały także oryginalne kenkarty.

They say there that in Poland IDs were made available in 1928. They weren't mandatory. They were made mandatory by the Germans during the occupation.
    Of course it's only Wikipedia, but according to the link it was written by an expert working for Polish State Securities Printing House - where the ids are made today.

But I suppose you know better, maybe you even own your own securities printing house, who knows.

16. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Another one, this time by a conservative writer:

Trump Has 6 Options to Neutralize North Korea—but None Are Good

it's shows how naive was that ABC journalist with his demand for a condemnation. Kim quite possible will win this one, and nobody can stop him.

For the moment, the heat from North Korea’s intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) test remains rhetorical and its fallout political. However, Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons program will eventually produce nuclear warheads for its boosters.

For almost four decades, the Kim dynasty in Pyongyang has promised to build nuclear weapons and ICBMs. Now the dictatorship’s dream is a real world nightmare.

17. Takao

Takao Ace

Yes...Miami Marlins Owner, Baseball's Cronyism All-Star, Is Suing His Team's Own Fans
    is real "high quality" journalism...

So is
    Facebook Video Shows Minneapolis Police Shooting Family Dogs in Backyard
    Giant Ziplock Baggies Full of Lambs Are Going to Change Everything
    Capitalism Averts Alleged Beepocalypse

The "high quality" and "knowledge" is underwhelming...

How can I reason with an unreasonable person? For instance, you were blathering on about the IRS seizing money without justification or recourse...And your first article of "proof" is on the DEA. This is clearly the act of an unreasonable person...The DEA is not, in any way, shape, or form, the IRS. Your second article of "proof" concerns the California law enforcement...Again, clearly the act of an unreasonable person...As California law enforcement is not the IRS. Finally, not one of the articles on your list of links: Topics : Asset Forfeiture - Reason.com concerns the IRS! They all concern law enforcement. Clearly, you have not the slightest clue about what you are blathering on about, as nothing you have posted support your proposition "The IRS can confiscate all your wealth at any moment, they don't have to prove anything, and you can't appeal their decisions."

Thus, why should I try to reason, or even Google for information, when you have given no proof that supports your position. Sure, you have linked to articles, but they do not concern the IRS, either specifically, or in general. Hence, I can only conclude that you are A.) A liar, B.)An idiot for posting articles that do not support you position or are even on the subject for that matter. Or C.) Both a liar and an idiot - which would be my best guess.

Please point out any "fake information" I have posted...
    Just because you do not like it does not make it fake any more than Trump's disingenuous claims of "fake news" whenever anything critical of him, no matter how truthful, is published. You are little more than a "Donny horse" with it's blinders on, quite unable to see anything that is happening around you.

Feel free to believe what you want...But, I have never reported anyone...anyone no matter how deep into sheer idiocy they have sank. I have not reported you, nor did I report that arse Shooterike. Not my style. I handle things mano a mano, and don't run crying to the Admins under ANY circumstances. Besides, some one has to stand up to your lies and fake facts...Sorry, alternate facts.

Can't say that I have ever driven new members away here...Although, there were 1 or 2 that I did drive away on AHF, not permanently as they did come back. Come to think of it there were several new members I was quite supportive and helpful to, but they mostly just needed answers to questions, and did not last long once they got the help they were seeking.

As to post frequency of WW2F vs AHF. Now I would ask if their statistics include numbers from back in the 90's when it was the Third Reich Forum - Axis History Forum is the second iteration of the long established site. Or do they just involve only the newer Axis History Forum numbers. Either way, WW2F's averages are still better than AHF's relatively speaking. WW2F has about half their members and about half their posts. So relatively, WW2F is doing reasonably well compared to AHF.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  18. Takao

Takao Ace

The problem with this statement, is that most of the G20 do not have a dog in the North Korean fight.
    Japan, or South Korea could have proposed something, but the lack the political force necessary to make anything come of it. China could have, but they have been dragging their feet on the issue for decades, so the idea that they would do something is laughable. That leaves the US, provided that Donny still has the political clout necessary...Which I do not think he does. His whole "America First" stratagem has alienated most of the rest of the world. Thus, the rest of the world basically said
    A problem with North Korea...OK, America go first."

Yet another point that you missed as it sailed far above your head. North Korea is incidental to the point that the author is trying to make, namely that Donny is quite incapable as the President of the US & Leader of the Free World. Donny has not the foggiest clue as to what needs to be done or should be done. Donny has, so far, proven the author mostly correct on this account.

Actually my friend...It was all words and no action.
    Here is the statement
    Statement by Secretary Tillerson

Where is the action?

The US strongly condemns...Words, no action.
    Testing an ICBM represents a new escalation...More words, no action.
    Global Action is required...Even more words, no action.
    aiding and abetting a dangerous regime...Still more words, no action...Nothing on penalties, retribution, sanctions, nothing...Just words.
    we will never accept a nuclear-armed North Korea..Word diarrhea, no action...You see, we have already accepted a nuclear-armed North Korea.

So, I ask you again...Where is "the action", or any action is Tillerson's statement.

Where is the Operation Opera/Babylon or Operation Orchard?

19. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

And you're calling a respected political correspondent (who was there) naïve..?
    Please can I have YOUR credentials on the subject please?

20. Takao

Takao Ace

If I had to guess...He is a card carrying member of

CAC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.