Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Heinrich Severloh The beast of Omaha

Discussion in 'Omaha Beach' started by Jim, Feb 14, 2012.

1. shooterike

shooterike Member

2. Takao

Takao Ace

[​IMG]

3. shooterike

shooterike Member

• Take a break.

Oh! Thank You! The TROLL has done it again! Stuck what is left of his head out to get it thumped again! For those out there who are not sure what is going on I am going to repeat an incoherent paragraph from TROLL TAKAO:

"How through are you defining high rate of fire? Most modern MGs can come very close to the MG42's standard 1200 rpm, but the modern MGs also have selectors or regulators which will lower the firing rate -- sometimes drastically. This gives the benefit of having a high firing rate. if needed."

There is a LOT wrong with this paragraph and I have been having too much fun 'snookering' as Jesse would say, Takao into defending it, to my great amusement. I am going to list a few of the more blatant piles of manure:
    1. "most modern MG can come very close to the MG42's standard 1200 rpm" -- In a word "NO". Most modern MGs fire 600 - 900 rpm. To me the upper end of that is about perfect for serious work. 1200 rpm and above are just too fast.

2. "modern MG's have selectors or regulators which will lower the firing rate" -- In a word "NO". A 'selector' is a kind of a switch, like 'SAFE' or "FIRE" or a means of obtaining "one shot" or "three shot burst" or "full auto" fire. It will not allow push of a lever for 0 (?) to 1200 rpm as Takao is inferring.
    A 'regulator' DOES NOT function as a rpm control either. It's actual function is to 'regulate' gas flow. On some machineguns, there is a kind of dial which can be rotated with, most often, a cartridge bullet tip, to allow more or less gas from a hole in the barrel located toward the muzzle, to the piston (or bolt in direct impingement systems) so as to impart a greater or lesser thrust depending upon the quality of the ammunition. NECESSARY FOR FUNCTION, not rounds per minute. Takao might remove the regulator from his favorite MG so he use it as a single shot straight pull rifle like an M95 Mannlicher.

Here is your head Takao! Looks good for Halloween!

4. Takao

Takao Ace

Looks like somebody is still suffering from a bad case od "bolthurt."

Hopefully, he identifies the trigger better than hr identifies the bolt when playing with his MGs.

I also note that you have yet to provide the rpms of modern MGs, could you please provide them.

5. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

The M95 is not a single shot rifle. In fact, attempting to single load a cartridge (i.e. without using the clip) may cause damage to the extractor and is not good practice. If one insists on using the M95 as a single shot rifle, it is recommended to insert the round at an angle such that the rim of the case is under the claw of the extractor, and then pivot the round in so that it becomes parallel with the bore. Close the bolt. Fire. Repeat. OR, just use a 5 round clip like the rifle was designed for.

But of course, you knew all of this....

Takao and RichTO90 like this.
  6. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

• Language. Ask and ye shal receive.
    This started as a fairly good thread, the topic itself is useful in that we brush against the standards for which we accept historical sources as credible and/or accurate. Unfortunately shooterike's moronic contradictions and commentary have ruined the thread.

At first I thought shooterike was just very convinced of the premise, and was willing to support it at any cost. This is a rare case in that the premise has morphed into a conspiracy theory, in that it requires an ongoing cover-up from within the US military regarding loss reporting. Your ongoing doubling down in the face of counter evidence is a classic conspiracy theorist characteristic.

At this stage, I now believe this is a troll job. No one would care to continue this discussion for this long with such pathological cognitive dissonance. In my book, intentional stupidity for it's own sake is even worse than a generic moron conspiracy theorist.

@shooterike, at best you are a conspiracy theorist. Which would make you a moron of epic proportions. At worst (which is more likely) you are intentionally trying to wind good people up with your semen-stained keyboard. You are the lone moron shouting garbage into the wind. You are the dumb graffiti artist who "tags" a stop sign and feels good about it. Normally I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but I think this is something you opt to do several times a day on your own accord.

Whatever Cooler time comes my way to make this post is well worth it.

USMCPrice, lwd, Buten42 and 1 other person like this.
  7. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why shooterike hasn't earned cooler time for extended and deliberate idiocy.

8. lwd

lwd Ace

Maybe the mods want an example of what not to do. Since almost every position he's espoused has been demolished often both logically and factually. He's been caught lying on not a few occasions and has demonstrated some of the most childish behavior I've seen on a forum he makes a pretty good example of what not to do. Before I put him on ignore he seem to sink to new levels of stupidity with almost every post, perhaps they are curious as to just how much further he can take it. Some of the recent rebuttals have even made me consider taking him off ignore just to see how silly he's gotten ... then I think better of it.

9. Buten42

Buten42 Member

Shooterike has consistently insulted, name-called, bad-mouthed, and personally abused everyone on this thread that has not agreed with his warped, and totally absurd opinions. In my opinion, his time to go to the cooler has elapsed about 350 posts ago. Your post is not only factual but well stated-- thanks.

10. lwd

lwd Ace

Traditionally the mods here have granted us a bit more leeway in debunking posters such as shooterike. They've also allowed them to make greater fools of themselves many other forums. I can see arguments for both systems. On the axis history forum for instance I suspect he'd have received a warning on his second or third post and been booted by his fifth.

Initially I thought he might be the same individual as that posted the video "documentary" thread not long ago. He was never quite this dumb or childish though. Having two this close together is curious though. The Mods may be able to see something the rest of us can't in that regard.

11. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Just stopping by as this thread was reported to me directly. Been tied up with other things so haven't seen this thread til now.

Both shooterike and O.M.A. have earned temporary bans.

Carry on.

Mussolini likes this.
  12. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I think that effectively brings this thread to a close?

13. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Dadgummit, no more train wreck to watch. Oh, well.

RichTO90 likes this.
  14. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I'm leaving it open Matt. The Cooler is coming back, which means from now on threads will not become the victim of a member's bad behavior, the member him/herself will be.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    RichTO90 likes this.