Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hi to everyone. I'm kinda new to fourms.

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by BLewis22, Aug 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BLewis22

BLewis22 Member

Hello everyone. My name is Brenda. We are a very patriotic family, as you can see from my dad's name. I didn't grow up with him. I was born in Dec. 1946 when he was overseas, then when he came home he and my mother seperated after a couple of years. We met again when I was 22 years old, and became very close. I am so fortunate to have gotten to know him. but I don't know much about his service. He was in the Army, and his service papers have as battles and campaigns: "Ardennes Central Europe Northern France Rhineland CO 33 WD 45 as amended." I typed this exactly as it is written on his discharge papers, and as you can see, I don't even know is these should have commas or not. LOL. If any of you served with him or know anything about the battles he was in, I would definitely love to hear from you. He was a Battery B assistant radio operator of an artillery forward observer party and in Luxenbourg in Jan. 1945, according to a citation for receiving the Bronze Star for being injured on the Jan. 25. I'm not sure what else to tell you to identify his group. Just let me know, as I have his paperwork. He was born and raised in Mississippi. My mother and I have always lived in Cartersville, Georgia. He passed away in 2001. I am excited about being part of this forum, but I will tell you, I am VERY inexperienced with posting on forums, so please be patient with me if i goof up. Looking fordward to hearing from you all. Thanks, Brenda:cool:

2. JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI Ace

Hello Brenda, Welcome to the forum!

3. jemimas_special2

jemimas_special2 Shepherd

Brenda,

Greetings from Colorado USA! There are plenty of helpful people around here to point you in the right direction. Ask many questions and have fun here... Were all friendly folk who love this generation.

take care,

Mark

4. BLewis22

BLewis22 Member

Thanks JagtigerI, glad to be here.

5. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Brenda,

The campaigns listed should read
    Ardennes
    Central Europe
    Northern France
    Rhineland

If you use those terms in the search function, there are numerous posts and threads that deal with these campaigns. Take your time, look around and read some.

Check post #6 in the following thread for articles on what the other things mean. http://www.ww2f.com/military-servic...-research/33427-what-do-these-terms-mean.html (Just click on this and it will take you to the thread)

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions that might arise. There are plenty of helpful folk hereabouts.

6. BLewis22

BLewis22 Member

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. Hope I am typing this in the right place.:eek:

7. BLewis22

BLewis22 Member

Thanks Lou. Keep those tips coming. Much appreciated. Brenda
    btw, is my username too long?

8. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Brenda, you certainly did post in the correct place, but you might want to contact Slipdigit to shorten your username. It does create a few issues in the frames. Try a post to him in the New Member Forum. Just create a new thread, give it a title and ask him to shorten it to whatever you want.

9. JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI Ace

No worries Brenda, this is certainly the place for such discussion! Indeed, do contact Slipdigit, unfortunately your username is slightly bulky and sort of distorts my screen sometimes, not a problem though, it can be easily changed :)

10. BLewis22

BLewis22 Member

OK everyone, I looked at the previous thread (forum?) and started posting on it, thinking I was posting on this one. I may never get the hang of this! Hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Not that I'm an old dog! I love the info you are giving, thanks a million.
    Brenda

11. BLewis22

BLewis22 Member

Thanks, Mark. Brenda

12. BLewis22

BLewis22 Member

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking it may be too long, but was afraid I wouldn't get responses for the timeframe and location I am interested. How do I change it?

13. BLewis22

BLewis22 Member

Thanks. will do.

14. JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI Ace

Simply message Slipdigit here:

http://www.ww2f.com/members/slipdigit.html

He will take care of it.

15. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Howdy, I mentioned in your other thread that I can change your name. I think the name may be a record for us.

Post a scan of the discharge papers, we might can glean some more info from it.

16. BLewis22

BLewis22 Member

Hi SD, You are going to be sick of my lack of computer knowledge. Sooo sorry. How do I post a scan? I have a printer, and I guess it scans. then what. I'm sorry.

17. SPGunner

SPGunner Member

Welcome.

18. BLewis22

BLewis22 Member

Thanks. Are you the same Gunner on the Websleuth forum?

19. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Hello Brenda - Welcome to this fine place! You will find that this is a great place to learn and contribute what you know, and I am pleased to see that you have jumped in enthusiastically on your first night with us.

Cheers!

20. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

welcome to the forum brenda..