Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hilter murdered two women?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeJanIt, Jul 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ZeJanIt

ZeJanIt Member

We all know Hilter did not take loss or defeat well.

But I'm looking for information and opinions on the two women in his life before Eva Braun.
    Maria Reiter
    Geli Raubal
    Even Eva attempted suicide by shooting herself in her neck.

Maybe he was a serial killer? Just seems odd. I think rejection was something he could not handle and if you rejected him he struck out and murdered you(if possible). His abusive father to the loss of his beloved Mother no woman should have dared rejected him.

Sexuality of Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Was Maria Reiter killed by Hitler? That's not what I recall.

Hitler murdered a lot more than two women. If it matters, I recall reading that he might have been the one to personally shoot Julius Streicher among others. And then there were the death camps and the World War.

Hitler was what you'd call an all-or-nothing kind of guy. Is there something specific you are looking for with respect to his personal life. In my opinion, we know a good amount about him from his genocidal non-personal dealings alone.

3. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Reiter survived the war, so at best only one discreet murder is possible. The thing is that for all the mayhem he was responsible for there is little hard evidence that he ever actually got his hands dirty, only speculation. Even his service in the First World War is somewhat ambiguous in regard to him actually taking a life as most of his service was in the HQ or as a dispatch runner, though it should be noted this task was indeed very dangerous, it did not place him at the actual pointy end.

Reiter and Braun seem to have attempted suicide and Raubal probably did commit suicide (it should be noted Braun in the end did commit suicide at his side), all over Hitler's ability to have any kind of normal relationship with a woman. Whether this was a physical or emotional constraint is never fully confirmed, but the suicides tend to indicate the more serious issue was his inability to make a effective emotional connection.