Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I think white people got a little scared and voted...

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Ben Dover, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Takao

Takao Ace

Well...

Given this...
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266038556504494082?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I wonder how Trump feels about the Electoral College now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksGE4cqRzPM

2. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

It really doesn't matter how he feels about it. He won, the system works, time to move on. I used to feel the same about the electoral college years ago too. Now, I'll say it again, thank the Founding Fathers for the electoral college. Not just because of this election, but because it works. It keeps a few parts of the country with large populations (New England, California, New York City, Chicago and other cities with large populations) from continually electing the president.

3. Takao

Takao Ace

Sure it does.

He is the President Elect now, if he thinks the Electoral College is still "a disaster," maybe he will get rid of it when he becomes President.

Ben Dover likes this.
  4. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

The beauty of the Constitution is that he can't. At least not without a super majority in Congress and the approval of 3/4's of the states. It's called checks and balances. Even if it's a candidate/President you support, you want his powers to be limited, we don't want a King. I think President Obama's use of Executive Orders to avoid having to build a coalition and avoid having to deal with Congress is another of the factors that led to the Democrats loss of power this election cycle. If Trump fails to operate within the principles set out in the Constitution his brand will suffer badly in the next mid-term election.

5. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Proof that Trump is racist!

[​IMG]

OpanaPointer, TD-Tommy776 and GRW like this.
  6. Takao

Takao Ace

7. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

From the American Presidency Project http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

You can view the data on EO's by President there. Obama simply has continued a trend in number of EOs issued, some more than, some less than other Presidents.

If you would, please point out to me those orders of Obama's which you find so particularly offensive. The full text of published EOs are available at:

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/disposition.html

8. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

He never said that any of the executive orders issued by Obama were particularly offensive, just that he issued them to avoid establishing a coalition with the Republicans, or just seeking a little help on matters. In addition, he said that Obama's issuance of these EOs was his personal take on Obama's motivation of issuing them. Not really based in anything offensive, just his take on why el presidente did what he did.

I believe that USMCPrice was spot on in his assessment as well.

9. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

There is no good,or better alternative for the present system with EV .And it is not the first time that someone became president with less PV than his opponent . It is also not the first time that someone became president with less then 50 % of the PV :

Wilson 1912

Truman 1948

Kennedy 1960

Nixon 1968

Reagan 1980

Clinton 1992

Bush 2000

10. Takao

Takao Ace

Reagan received 50.7% of the popular vote in 1980.

You also left out
    Wilson 1916
    Clinton 1996

11. Dave55

Dave55 Member

Wow. The results keep getting better and better

[​IMG]

Taking a selfie with a loaded gun ended tragically in Washington, when a man accidently shot himself in the face while taking a picture. His girlfriend was next to him when the gun went off.

The man apparently had been greatly against Donald Trump, and many of his selfies included violence and profanities directed toward presidential candidate Donald Trump. According to his girlfriend the photo was supposed to be a joke about killing himself if Donald Trump were elected president.
    As she told the police, this was not his first selfie with the weapon.
    The fatal accident took place over the weekend, police in Skagit County said.
    The man, whose name has not been released, thought the gun was unloaded and attempted to take a selfie while pointing the weapon at himself, the Skagit Valley Herald reported.

The man’s girlfriend said the couple had taken several selfies with the same gun on Sunday. Each time, he would unload the gun before taking a picture and then load the bullets back afterwards.
    However, this was not the case with the man’s last selfie, as he apparently left one fatal bullet inside the chamber before the final photograph.

http://observatorial.com/2016/11/11/blm-thug-protests-president-trump-with-selfie-accidentally-shoots-himself-in-the-face/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=facebook_FP&utm_campaign=FP

12. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

and the Darwin Award for 2016 goes to...

13. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

You are of course free to do whatever you wish here, but I'm just curious: do you have any interest in WW2?

I don't want to get into an argument -- I'm just asking.

Owen and GRW like this.
  14. Takao

Takao Ace

You do realize this incident happened back on March 2, 2016, and the girlfriend was to distraught to tell the police why.

15. Takao

Takao Ace

Randy, the Observatorial journalist who wrote the story.

16. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

The polls were wrong for the elections, why would they have been right in the ATL ? Trump won because he had the support of the Deplorables, the Deplorables would not vote for a RINO as Jebb, Kasich, Fiorina, etc, the Deplorables did not vote for McCain or Romney .

About Sanders : it was out of the question that he could win against Trump or a RINO : a marxist can not become president of the US .The deplorables would not vote for Sanders .

17. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

And I'm the one who gets accused of using semantics?

Let me parse it out.

Price does not like Obama's EOs for some reason. In other words, he has taken offense to them. I don't really care if they avoided "establishing a coalition with the Republicans", whatever that is. I want to know specifically which EOs Obama issued offend Price's sensibilities.

It shouldn't be hard, since the subject of EOs comes up incessantly, but I never get a response no matter who I ask.

18. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

A chap put this up relating to the US overall vote yesterday:
    View attachment 25156

Brace yourself 'murcans.
    Not for anything serious, but for an immense and continuing amount of incessant whinging about losing votes, despite all agreeing beforehand on the system used.

Puzzles the Hell out of me, as having been on the losing side many times I thought the form was to take it on the chin and hope for the next vote to go your way, but apparently anything up to and including smashing stuff up and spray-painting on war memorials is now acceptable to some.

Attached Files:

GRW likes this.
  19. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

If Bill could become president in 1992 with 43 %,why not Donald with 47 % ?

20. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

I really expected better of you Rich TO90. You have read things into my post that I never stated nor inferred. Let's "parse" what I actually said:

When referring to Takao's comment:

I wrote:

Meaning only our system as it is designed limits the powers of each branch, and the Federal Government vs. the States. I said we don't want a King, I did not specify who this "King" might be. For the record, I think Washington was the last president that could have been trusted with unfettered powers and we as a nation are fortunate that HE didn't want them.

I never said I either liked or disliked anything Obama did by Executive Order, just that he resorted to Executive Orders to avoid the building a coalition with Congress. This just increased the partisan divide, which led to greater gridlock. For the record, I liked some things he did, some I didn't, and most I really didn't care either way.

I think this is pretty straight forward, Trump needs to build coalitions and build bipartisan support. He can not rule as a King or in the 2018 mid terms the makeup of Congress will change, limiting his ability to govern, he will be "checked" which is as intended when "checks and balances" were designed.