Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I think white people got a little scared and voted...

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Ben Dover, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I find it odd that nearly all of the malcontents that proclaimed they were going to leave the country if The Donald was elected said they were going to Canada and not Mexico.

How racist is that?

Or did they already know that Mexico would be kicking them out faster than The Donald can build a wall, considering that Mexican immigration laws are far more stringent than those in the US.

USMCPrice likes this.
  3. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Let me just say- it can get really cold here. Very uncomfortable...Just want to give a friendly -heads up, in case any hollywood types may want to change location.
    PS- can anyone explain how hollywood /music/klinton elite would in any way represent the average citizen?
    Heard Madonna was offering bjs...any takers? (this is what money liberals look like- they cannot accept reality)
    http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2016/11/13/madonna-attends-ufc-205-at-madison-square-garden-new-york-12-november-2016-pictures-videos/

Missed seeing Hugh "reach around" Jackson wetting his panties at the mere presence of queen freak- madonna...Thinking hollywood is the bottom to music top. Die, hollywood, die already...China should take control now.
    Never forget bryan singer.

4. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

This is going to sound insane, but once you understand the nature of the democratic party here, it will make perfect sense. You need an ID to cash a check, to open a bank account, to rent an apartment, to check into a hotel, to buy beer or cigarettes, to apply for any sort of government service. You need an ID for just about anything.

And traditionally, you needed to present an ID to cast a vote. However, the democrats decided since illegal immigrants will vote for the party most likely to grant them citizenship, they'd open an enormous whoop-ass (an American term) can of lawsuits across the country on the grounds that asking for an ID at the voting booth is "voter suppression." They argue, with a straight face (I can't imagine how they keep themselves from bursting out laughing) that poor people don't have ID cards. That's the most ludicrous argument imaginable since poor people are the very ones that need an ID to get their EBT card and a host of other government services that they need.

So, there you have it. The democratic party is fighting ID card requirements for voting so they can commit voter fraud on a massive scale by bringing in perhaps ten million foreigners to vote for them.

5. Pacifist

Pacifist Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIH-J3uLN3E

6. Dave55

Dave55 Member

KodiakBeer explained it well. In other words, fraud.

7. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Australia is sending our illegal immigrants to...America!
    Listening to a refugee advocate/expert yesterday, he said the US has approx. 12 million illegal refugees, do we want some of there's?
    NUP...but you can have ours. Thanks Yanks.

8. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

That "tradition" is so widespread that the first state to require it was South Carolina in 1950...which required no photo, but just a piece of paper with what you said your name was on it. And it was so well accepted that a second state, Hawaii, joined in...twenty years later, followed by Texas in 1971, Florida in 1977, and Alaska in 1980. So 36 years ago the "tradition" was so widespread that just 10% of the states followed it. In my first election in 1976, voting for my first loser in Virginia, I simply attested to my identity.

And I could easily turn that on its head...how insane is it that "you need an ID to cash a check, to open a bank account, to rent an apartment, to check into a hotel, to buy beer or cigarettes, to apply for any sort of government service. You need an ID for just about anything." But the Republican Party (and not a few Democrats) say you shouldn't be required to do so to exercise you Constitutionally-granted right to own a firearm?

Meanwhile, the specter of millions of foreign voters, or any other form of voter fraud, in modern US election history is virtually non-existent.

9. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Australia tried to introduce an "Australia Card" 20 years ago...and this idea died quickly...in elections we just have to give our name and address which is checked off a register to ensure that name and address is used only once.

10. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Same in the UK.

11. denny

denny Member

There has never been of any proof of any kind of wide spread voter fraud in the usa.
    Making it hard for people to vote, whether it be through "ID Cards", less polling places and shorter hours has always been the product of right-wing think tanks.
    Drump kept saying the election was "fixed"...it was being stolen...Bus Loads of fraudulent voters being "brought in", etc etc.
    He seems to say whatever he wants, like he does at a business he owns, and then worries about the facts later. :)
    Although...Drump is on record as saying the election was fixed, so......... :)

12. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

To be exact, there is little or no proof of widespread voter fraud in the U.S. in the modern era. In the 19th Century, voter fraud in the U.S. was, at least anecdotally, widespread - in large cities. Tammany Hall in New York and other similar political "clubs" in other cities regulated votes and patronage in different ways, but nationally there is less evidence of it. In the last 15 years or so "in person" voter fraud can be proven in just 13 cases, while overall, about 400+ cases of all types of voter fraud (mostly centering on absentee ballots) in all elections nationwide have resulted in convictions...out of some 669-million votes estimated cast. So 0.0747%...a fraction of what would have been required to cause a recount in the last election...which then likely would have resulted in discrepancies causing further investigation.

denny likes this.
  13. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

What, from me or just in general?

14. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Thanks to those who take time to reply to limey queries re an election that I say again is pretty much cock all to do with me. Passing nerdish interest, pure and simple!

We don't have an ID card-based electoral registration system over here, either, (or in pretty much any other transaction), snd our levels of voter fraud also historically very low (with some recent issues possibly building, but still very low.)

I'm assuming fraudulent registration and voting's as serious a crime there as here?
    Just doesn't feel very likely that many in-country illegally would take the risk of further exposure, and the method KB describes implies that you'd need a dead or definitely non-voting citizen to pretend to be. Quite possible if motivated and very careful, but several million times without some agency or monitor noticing?
    It doesn't sound tremendously convincing.

15. belasar

belasar Court Jester

This debate serves to show how some the myth's of elections are prevalent on the the far right AND far left. This is in part due to very real past events such as the Tammany Hall/Richard Daley machine, Jim Crow laws in the South and the near constant harping by both sides that the other is trying to 'steal/block' your vote.

The thing is the past events are really in the past by generations and the continued claims are disingenuous at best.

Our esteemed Representative from the Great State of Paranoia, denny opines that voting hours are being 'shortened' to prevent voting. A very simple google search brings up the voting hours per state. Most states have 12 hour windows for voting, a good number exceed that by 1 to 3 hours. Only four states have voting periods shorter than 12 hours, New Hampshire (Blue state) has periods running from a low of 8 hours to a max of 13 hours. Vermont (Blue state) range from 9 to 14 hours and in Minnesota (Blue state) have precincts with less than 500 registered voters having a 10 hour window. In the case of Montana (Red state) precincts of less than 400 have windows as short as 8 hours. Apparently, by a 3 to 1 margin, those evil right wing think tanks find it easier to talk liberal voters into reduced voting hours.

On the other side, those from the Great State of Delusion, no proof from a reliable news source exists of any massive voter fraud has taken place in modern times. MyObsessiveIncoherentRantWithNoProofAtAll.com doesn't count.

Every state of the Union has their own voting laws, organizations and funding which mean different nuances. If you have a problem with any one state, move there and enter the process to make changes thru the system that exists, or 'perfect' the one in the state you live in.

Its not like the Electoral College is some kind of newfangled scam just thrown in for 2016 election, we have been using it for 200 years now and how to win or lose is well known. Also we are a Republic, not a Democracy, which means we elect representatives who enact our will, not a direct vote on every little thing. Perhaps if those young people protesting in the streets spent more time in class they might figure it out. I did not go to college, but I paid attention in Civic's class and read books in my spare time rather than trying to master the new social media app.

16. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

Bravo, both sides now. Fair and balanced, how our media is supposed to work - until the money took over. "Get me the pictures and I'll provide the War." W.R. Hearst (Caine/Wells).

17. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

No Republican is arguing against an ID to buy a firearm. No Republican bill has ever been suggested to do away with the background checks at gun dealers, at gun shows or not. That's all lefty propaganda. A myth.

Voter fraud is a real thing. And when you look back at elections like the Bush/Gore fiasco in Florida, there are times when only a few votes can swing a national election. In this election an audit in Illinois found thousands of dead people had registered as Democrats. I've voted for Libertarian or Republican candidates all my life. I'd hate to think I'll start voting democrat when I finally take my dirt nap.

18. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Six million fewer Democrats voted this year than 2012. That's why Trump's president.

19. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Well if you're gonna employ logic, what's the purpose of going on! :)

OpanaPointer likes this.
  20. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

Dead people can't vote.

So who are these people voting for dead people?

It's some foreign influence scandal.