Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

If the 1 PM Message did not suggest a dawn attack on Pearl Harbor, why is it in the Knox Investigati

Discussion in 'Pearl Harbor' started by DogFather, Jul 15, 2011.

1. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Nice martyr schtick, but it won't work. If you don't like being called a conspiracy theorist, and what normal person would like that, then stop being a conspiracy theorist. CTers are 1) deluded, 2) misinformed, or 3) outright liars. So cut the nonsense already. If you can't have the courage of your convictions and admit that you are at CTer, don't complain that other people see through your vapid defenses.

formerjughead likes this.
  2. DogFather

DogFather Member

As far as being uninformed, using twisted logic and unsupported allegation, no other forum has been saying that about me. There are 3-5 people on this forum and the same 3-5 people on other forums. That call me names and/or nitpick at my posts. It is a small, but very vocal minority of people.

I am sorry but what I am seeing with these people, is a fundamental lack of understanding of FDR, his failure to end the Great Depression, economics and politics. I would not call it uninformed, I would call it a lack of comperhension, of the era. As well as kind of a group think and follow the leader thing going on.

3. lwd

lwd Ace

Well I didn't either although at least some of it seems to apply and has been stated. Asking for peoples opinions is a lot like talk radio. You will get some gems but mixed in with a lot of garbage and a very minimal signal to noise ratio. But looking back through this thread there are a fair number of posts which challenge some of your assertions and which you have not been able to respond to effectivly. Likewsie the logic employed has been rather convoluted on occasion as we have noted.
    If your assumptions and/or facts are questionable then raising that question is hardly "nitpicking" the same can be said of faulty logic. The fact of the matter is it is a very small minority of people that posts on these forums. It should also be pointed out that based on the posting to date the number that find your posts compelling is much smaller than the number that bring them to question. As to name calling indeed it has happened but some have a lower tollerance of evasion and myth than others and as has been mentioned your response to fact and logic seems to be to simply move on to something else.
    I strongly suspect they see the same in you and indeed they have done a much better job of justifying their position with fact and logic.
    Well some of us comprehend that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and came from an egg laid by a duck it's probably a duck. We can't help it if you comprehend it's a chicken.

4. syscom3

syscom3 Member

Many people would rather read the threads rather than post.

5. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

And many of us would rather see OP take you apart with logic and records D-F, and watch your anti-FDR opinions be countered with rational posts. See my own post on FDR's "Depression/Recession" problems as his second term got going. He screwed up in pulling back the government spending by 17% at the beginning of his second term. But no President, nor Congress had ever faced this depth of fiscal collapse which infected the entire globe of industrial and financial powers.

6. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Actually what you are experiencing is the respect that we have for eachother's ability to fight their own battles. Opana POinter just happened to answer you first and the rest of us have taken a back seat and are enjoying the show. It simply would not be sporting for the collective forum members to pounce on you, all at once, whereas it is more entertaining to see your theory systematically picked apart by an esteemed member working on his own.

mikebatzel likes this.
  7. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Takao, LWD, et al,, have given excellent responses to particular points of DF's conspiracy rant.

8. lwd

lwd Ace

Of course some of us to use a hockey (or if you prefer soccer) analogy just can't resist an open goal.

9. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Indeed they have and no slight was intended. I suppose a better analogy would be three hyenas picking apart a wildebeast while the rest of the hyenas watch. Kind of like a Serrenghetti tag team.

10. R Leonard

R Leonard Member

Indeed. Not as though some of us aren't paying attention, just that there's not much point in repetition.

11. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

Right - O. Has a poll on this been done before (I would guess probably?)? A question within a question within an enigma (my English Prof. would not be pleased ho ho).If not maybe a poll would be useful. See how many closet ct - ers there are.

:eek:

12. steverodgers801

steverodgers801 Member

Short was told to prepare for an attack, he only prepared for a sabotage attack. Neither the army or navy has ever accepted the excuse that someone was not told something as an excuse for not being prepared. The diplomatic message never had a time stamp on it, it was only because the instructions said deliver by 1 PM. It is only in hindsight that the 1 pm target is apparant.