Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Is it possible Hitler died -43?

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Munken, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Munken

Munken Member

I've read a book (wich the writer clamis to be true) saying Hitler died by a bomb on his plane when he flew from the russian front on 13 March 1943 and that the assasin was general von Tresckow. The Reichleiter Martin Bormann cleaned up the rest of the plane, ordered that the cleaning squad to be executed and replaced Hitler with Heinz Kuby, an actor wich looked presicely like Hitler and had lived in Berghof to study the Führer so that he could replace him if he had to, and he did. Plus that Bormann was a russian spy.

Do any of you think this is possible?
    The book is called 'The Leader And The Damned'.

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I believe that there was a bomb in a champagne bottle in the plane but it didn´t work and later on before anyone would know the coup had the bottles taken away. I don´t think Hitler died in the event.

3. De Vlaamse Leeuw

De Vlaamse Leeuw Member

I also read the book and enjoyed reading it, but I don't think that Hitler died in 1943 - and maybe not even in 1945 - and certainly not that Bormann was a Russian spy.

4. KnightMove

KnightMove Ace

Of course, and George Washington was murdered and replaced by Adam Weishaupt...

No conspiracy theory is dull enough that it can't be topped any more. :rolleyes:

[ 18. October 2003, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: KnightMove ]

5. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

That is completely FALSE. There's no posibility that all that b*llsh*t would have been truth, except that in 1943 Hitler might have been blown up in his plane by Von Tresckow.

In March 1943, Admiral Wilhelm Canaris took and Abwehr group to Smolijensk and handed some 'shell' plastic explosives (manufactured and dropped by the Britsih for the resistance) to colonel Henning von Tresckow. Some days later, Hitler visited the Headquarters of Army Group Centre and when he was about to leave, colonel Von Tresckow asked lieutenant colonel Heinz Brandt - Hitler's adjutant, who was to fly with Hitler in the plane - if he could take two bottles of expensive licour to his friend, lieutenant general Helmuth Stieff - who was in Hitler Headquarters in Rastenburg. Brandt accepted and time later, lieutenant Fabian von Schlabrendorff deliverd the package. It contained four 'shells' with a 30-minutes acid capsule. Von Schlabrendorff broke the acid capsule and went away. Von Tresckow then sent a message to Berlin telling that it was all ready. Hours passed by and when Von Tresckow found out that Hitler's plane had landed safely in Rastenburg he phoned Brandt to tell him he had given him the wrong package. Lieutenant Von Schlabrendorff then flew to Rastenburg, got the package from Brandt and gave him the promised bottles instead. When he checked the bomb he realised that everything had worked perfectly, but the cold air of the plane prevented the explosion.

So, Hitler being killed in March 1943 WAS a posibility. But being replaced by an actor... [​IMG]

6. BratwurstDimSum

BratwurstDimSum Member

whataminute...how can you say he MAY have died in 1943 but not replaced by an actor? Who else could have replaced him and appeared in all those photos, films, speeches etc etc :confused: :eek:

7. De Vlaamse Leeuw

De Vlaamse Leeuw Member

If Hitler died in 1943 - very unlikely, but still - then off course he would have been replaced by an actor. No one else could have done his job.

8. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

That terribly complicated incicent about the bomb in the plane is described in Ian Kershaw's "Hitler - Nemesis" (the first volume is called Hitler - Hubris).

I myself believe Hitler was replaced by a very capable NKVD agent early in 1933. No one else could have driven Germany to such depths. :D

Cheers,

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I read that the weather was so bad that the pilot had to take the plane higher than normally...So it was quite close that Hitler would have died in 1943...

:eek:

10. ShockTrooper

ShockTrooper Member

Hitler looked awfully hitler to me during his birthday in berlin 1945. I'm not going to believe the conspiracys.. [​IMG]

11. DUCE

DUCE Member

Interesting thoughts all of you, but I'd have to agree with Friedrich and ShockTrooper on this one. I personally don't believe that Hitler was killed in 1943...

DUCE

12. Za Rodinu

I can't be sure now, as the last time I looked at it was years and years ago, but looking carefully at Hitler photos on public occasions, at the time I remember noticing differences in his nose profile and the shape of his ears. Perhaps Germany had developed variable geometry face features, or else Hitler had one or more doubles.

Of course right now I can't tell you what photos they were, but perhaps our colleagues with AH photobiographies may wish to get into this wild goose chase.

In any case I have no reason to believe otherwise than Hitler dying shortly after his birthday in '45. Something with the cake, maybe, or Fegelein blowing the candle smoke his way. [​IMG]
    Cheers,

13. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Hitler was not killed in 1943. Who then took all the decisions in the next years - which were very Hitler-like decisions -, or who replaced him in radio speeches - the accent is the same and the voice is the same, only deeper and older. Sir Ian Kershaw clearly says in his Hitler biography: "Hitler was not replaceable".

If you don't believe me, check it yourselves. Compare the photos.

[​IMG]
    Early 1930s.

[​IMG]
    This photo is - I think - from Vienna in 1938.
    [​IMG]
    1930s as well.
    [​IMG]
    Early 1940s.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1944-45.

Same eyes, same nose, same ears. Only many years of tiresom upon him. NO ACTOR.

14. Squirrel

Squirrel Member

Hitler died on April 30, 1945. The corpse's dental records matched. Also, world war two would have ended differently if an actor took over. [​IMG]

15. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Welcome aboard, Squirrel! Hope you enjoy yourself here! ;)

16. danmclean

danmclean Member

I have heard and read about this theory, yet although very good and informative I dont think it actualy happened.
    There is one theory that I was looking up on which states that Hitler actualy fled the bunker on the last day and flew out of Berlin, then sailed on a U Boat to Argentina where he lived out the rest of his life untill he died in 1962.
    The story of the missing millions of Nazi money and riches was also supposed to have been shipped to Argentina so that the Nazi leaders could escape there if the war effort didnt go to plan.
    Argentina was a favorite place form many Naziz, even a few were captured there such as Adolf Eichmann.
    There are some references to this and more informative ones if you search,,
    Argentina - Bariloche Was Hitler And Eva Braun's Final Refuge

or

hitlerinargentine

The photo attaches was supposed to have been taken in Argentina and is Hitler as an old man,, Make of it what you will..

Dan

Attached Files:

17. Za Rodinu

Would you believe somebody with Hitler's character would simply lie low for the rest of his life? I doubt it very much. And what about those millions? Sooner or later that kind of money will be spent and large amounts like those surely will become conspicuous, so why has nobody seen them?

18. danmclean

danmclean Member

Good points, but Argentina was a Nazi supporter, so I would assume the money would have been spent there to assure a decent life for the remaining Nazi members.
    Since the end of WW2 there were many people searching all corners of the earth for ex Nazis so that they could be brought to trial or even exicuted, this would be why anyone in hiding would remain so.

I watched a documentry on Discovery a while back which looked in depth into this theory, there are people on it who worked in hotels etc who will testify that they met Hitler as well as other Nazi leaders in the course of their lives. There is also info which was leaked from the CIA, FBI and British inteligence which showed that they knew Hitler had fled and that it was a high possability that he did flee to Argentina.
    The last days in the bunker saw one of the high ranking air force leaders arrive, some of the people in the bunker were told that they could fly out of Berlin to safty however they decided to remain with their leader untill the end. The last day Hitler was alive only a very small handfull of people saw him before he exicuted himself, it is thought that it is possibly that he and Eva left the day before and that plants were put in place so that people would think it was hitler and evas bodys who were burned.

It is all very interesting stuff and im sure many will have their own views on this, but it is always worth remembering that Hitler was probably one of the richest men in Gemrnay at the time, with a click of his fingers anything he wanted he got. It wouldnt be hard to believe that he did indeed flee Germany in the last days in the hope that the Third Reich may be resurected once again.

Dan

19. Za Rodinu

Well, at least in his last days in the bunker he had several meetings daily with his staff, and received reports from outsiders, so I have some difficulty in believing that he scampered off before his official suicide.

Maybe he was the guy in the Grassy Knoll after all...

20. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Oh those conspiracy theories :D