Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Italian and Russian fighters

Discussion in 'Allied Aviation Of WWII' started by Prospero Quevedo, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

Yeah it's interesting how much the Germans did try to help the Italians, after capitulation the Germans took over wanted semovente production to keep going and increased. They wanted the Italians to put their kwk40 in but the italians didn't want to so they used a 75mm AA gun. The Germans liked it and ordered more and the P40 tank. Very few were built because occupation had disrupted steel delivery and I think most italians just gave up on the war

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

During the summer battle of Karelia 1944 I read we had a bomber lane of 20 kilometers that kept on dropping bombs on Soviet units there was also the German Ju 87 unit By Kuhlmey with FW 190s taking part in the fighting 24/7. Just use Kuhlmey as a search name I have put some info of them here.

Prospero Quevedo and CAC like this.
  3. Takao

Takao Ace

You need to follow the "family" development to see that the idea of "it was only because of the Germans" is a false one. The Germans only provided the engine, and very little else. Because the Italians built some very good aircraft, what they lacked was high-horsepower engines - radial or inline - that is the only area where the Germans came in.

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Italians know their design...the Germans even used/still use...they don’t know much, but they know how to make something look sexy...My original point was about the whole country, not a particular manufacturer...