Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Luftwaffe Triple Shotgun

Discussion in 'North Africa: Western Desert Campaigns 1940 to Ope' started by laner13, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

I bet the gun was a bit heavy but what a comfort for an airman downed in unfriendly lands. I so enjoyed looking at this thread with the pictures and a gun I had not heard of before...thanks guys.

2. tutashkha

tutashkha New Member

Hello forum members,

I have gun like that, with swastika.

does anybody is interested to buy, as you know the price for that, what will you offer in PM.

thanks,
    David

3. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

You do not mention your location but if in NA try AuctionArms or Gunbroker, both online auction sites and carry some exotic items. If in Europe try Egun.de, a Germqan auction site with many catagories of firearms . Shipping is getting to be more difficult even within the EU.

For those asking about the scope on the posted drilling if you look carefully you can see the mount is a very precisely made mount. is quickly detachable. So as a shotgun it would be off. Now a 9.3X74 R is not an odd size in Germany just not here. A 30-06 would be just as odd in Germany. At near a US .37 caliber with a 74mm long case it is pretty powerful , ideal for elk, ibex or wilderbeast. The scope, obviously for the rifle, appears to be a 4X or 6X fixed power, probably overkill as the drillings were not the most accurate rifle ever built but still , if a ibex was at say 150 meters in would be useful. I have seen lots of drillings with scopes but also with graduated folding leafs. If you really wre hunting for meat you would want a precise shot to avoid trailing the critter of if a antelope, not spoiling too much meet.

Still a precisely made, interesting gun far more popular in Europe than in the Western hemisphere. For most of my life my dream gun would have been a Sauer or other German make in 7X57 bolt action with a claw mounted Zeiss 4X scope ! Oh, and a Schnabel forend, of course.

Gaines

4. von Poop

von Poop Waspish