Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Manchester Terror Attack

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by GRW, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

Please don't let your bias put words in my mouth. Did I say it was "funny"? I don't think so.

If I triggered you, my sincerest apologies for terrorizing you. Hopefully my comments were less terroristic than the actions of your father.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

No need to apologize. should have used a question mark. The use of terror tactics was fairly common when fighting in front of the front. At least from what I have learned from studying WWII.

3. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

You are so gracious.

I still find it amazing you call your own father a terrorist. Do/did you like your father? I'm trying to figure out your affinity for terrorists in general. I think by your definition your family is chock full of terror types.

4. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

What part of war don't you get?

Only my father. And only when he went out with Capt Shunstrom to kill at night. Some of his men said that killing sleeping
    Nazis was the Caps favorite method to kill. Makes sense if you want to survive.

5. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

I get war. I don't get your logic.

You are playing a word game. Because the word root is "terror", you use the word terrorism to describe anything that causes fear. Yes people get terrified in war, but that's not terrorism. Terrorism is ideologically driven use of criminal violence against non-combatants. Only a piece of human garbage would do it.

But I'll take your word for your own assessment of you father. He was a human garbage scumbag terrorist. I'm fine with it of you are.

6. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Active Member

Bridlington East Riding Yorkshire England

I never claimed the moral high ground none exists in war, where a cancer needs removing get the knife out and cut just do not pussy foot around. My comments were made in response to your input "this is the one shitty sub-forum where we dump all the conspiracy theories and political talk. Currently this is the shittiest thread in that shitty sub-forum". Just pointing out it is perhaps not what the relatives and friends would consider appropriate for their lost ones.

7. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

You object to my comments about ball crushing, then propose summary executions? Would the relatives and friends of the dead be more approving of bullets to the back of the head?

Brian, this is the Stump, get used to this shit here.

8. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

It's better to dis than discuss here?

9. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

dis? My comment is right on, spot on the topic.

I'm not letting you off the hook on the terrorist thing. If you want to call someone a terrorist you are going to have to go all the way. Terrorism isn't something you experiment for a bit during war and walk away from. Terrorists anti-social entities that deserve to be wiped from the planet. It's a truly horrific act, and if you are going to call your father a terrorist, I'm giving him the full terrorist treatment. I didn't place him in that category, you did.

10. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

I'm not going anywhere. You seem to see in black and white. Yes/No, My son is like that. If that is how you feel comfortable seeing things we can't have a meaningful discussion. I opened up the conversation on a terrorist act to gain a perspective on the motivations of people who kill. Some we call good and some we call bad. .

11. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Active Member

Bridlington East Riding Yorkshire England
    I am sure most people would be happy to see an end to terrorists and squeezing odd bits of their bodies will not do the job. I do not believe terrorism is anything more than the murder, often of innocent people going about their daily lives. These people live outside of the law and we should have no hesitation of removing them from society. A bullet, noose, whatever is to hand is fine with me.

12. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Would you consider what that guy did on the bus in Portland the act of a terrorist?

13. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Borderline between a Hate crime based on race and terrorism.

14. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Do you think that any American citizens were terrified and are now too afraid to ride that bus?

15. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Rather a silly question, but I expect no less. I would imagine anyone who must ride a bus (and black), especially in the Portland area are going to be hyper alert about riding on public transportation. For example I had to fly across the country a few weeks after 9-11 and yes I too was hyper alert about the people I flew with, something I never was before. Over time it will fade.

By the by, there are all kinds of forums and threads here......just saying.

16. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Isnt there a difference between "Terrorised and Terrorism?" discuss...

17. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

It is a not a silly question. You would need to know that Portland is the whitest city in America and it is in a state that had the largest membership in the KKK. What you have not experienced overseas is that in the last 15 years or so years there has been an effort to divide the country that has proved successful. Voters in my part of the US were afraid to put up signs or have bumper stickers supporting a party. Spooky. I know of the other places here but I only have so much time I'm using a lot of it tracking the descendants of my dad's war buddies. And the salmon is ready to come off the grill. :)

18. belasar

belasar Court Jester

31869-1ezt4gs.jpg

Bullshit, pure and simple.

The map shows where there are Klan chapters and the Atlanta Black Star does not even rate Oregon as even in the top ten of most racist states. Further the Southern Poverty Law Center estimates there are less than 10,000 registered Kluckers in the entire country.

As they say, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts.

19. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Wow..."racist states"...there are racist states!?
    Has racism been outlawed in the US? Doesn't sound like it...that's sad and shocking...no judgement though...Im an ignorant outsider.

20. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

You may have missed my meaning in my last post. My bad. I said that Oregon
    In the 1920's when the Klan rose to become a national power. Most of the residents today would have had a grandparent in the klan.

Speaking of racism. In the early 1960's my uncle was tasked to leave corporate HQ in NJ to live in Ameicus, Ga. and to manage a shirt factory while it was integrated. He had some "war" stories. Had to sleep with a gun under his pillow. Feedom isn't free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.