Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Map of the War in Europe (Well worth taking a look)

Discussion in 'War44 General Forums' started by brianw, Sep 30, 2011.

1. brianw

brianw Member

via War44
    I know that Jim has been looking at a way to put this on the site but there might be some technical reasons why he hasn’t been able to. So I have put it onto my own website to see if it will work from there.

Click on this link to start the map and you’ll get a box asking if you want to open it or save it. Please feel free to save it to your own computer if you wish or you can just run it as it stands.

This map is a PowerPoint Slide Show, so you might need to install the PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft. Click here to download it.

Once it opens, just click your mouse once on each frame to advance the presentation.
    Unfortunately I haven’t been able to pull the map apart in order to put dates and other details on it but if you have a general idea of how the history played out you should be able to identify much of the action such as Dunkirk, the Battle of Britain, the allied bombing of the Ploesti oilfields, D-Day, Arnhem, Crete, Greece and so on.

Turn your sound system on (but not too loud) for some interesting effects.

http://www.dragonseggs.com/WarMap.pps
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13

2. Cabel1960

Cabel1960 recruit

via War44
    What a marvellous bit of innovation. I thoroughly enjoyed that Brian, and would really recommend that others watch it. Thanks for posting. :thumb:

3. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Thanks Brian, some work has gone into making this map its an excellent item. :thumb:

4. OSSY1940

OSSY1940 New Member

via War44
    Map of ww2

BRIAN, WHAT A GOOD MAP, MUST HAVE TOOK SOMEONE QUITE SOMETIME TO PUT THAT TOGETHER. MICK:thumb: