Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Middle East Imperative

Discussion in 'Non-World War 2 History' started by corpcasselbury, Nov 5, 2007.

1. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Only those totally ignorant of how the US government works would believe that, or those too blinded by hatred and/or stupidity.

2. jeaguer

jeaguer New Member

via TanksinWW2

The opinion about AIPAC role and influence in the American elective system is not really controversial !
    by AIPAC own affirmation ,they are a lobby group protective of Israel interests ,
    they wear their heart on their sleeve and make no bones about it ,
    why should they ?

The various administration and congresses strong support for Israel is on the public record ,
    It isn't really a subject of dispute !

My point is this public position has been noted by Palestinians , Arabs and Muslims .
    It form and mold a large part of the muslims world perception of the U.S.A. actions

I've travelled and worked in Lebanon ,Syria , Jordan , Lybia , Saudi Arabia
    and found the locals quite well informed of those fact , courtesy of the B.B.C and various western newspapers , the local press is of variable quality and usually subject to censorship , the language is a barrier of course but the cartoons are lurid enough to be understood

as for the subject of hatred , I plea only dislike for all sons of Shem ,
    ... they thoroughly deserve each others :cool:
    they don't even make the top fives in my hate list

I , personally, have a working knowledge of the American political process and have no particular strong feelings or favorites about people bastardness
    To paraphrase Bismark
    " the making of History, like the making of sausages should not be scrutinized too closely "

3. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    most americans can not help but notice the unblinking hatred and bigotry of the surrounding sea of arabs for the tiny jewish state

..once again american troops helped liberate the nazi death camps , america saw firsthand the persecution of the stateless jews of europe ,america is founded on a judeochristian tradition ,israel is the only democracy in the region ,there are many jews in the usa and relatively few arabs

.arabs gleefully kill israeli civillians on purpose ,israelis sometimes kill arab civillians by accident .if arabs are confused by this stuff ,i dont know what they can do to remedy it

p.s. ...dancing in the streets moments after the 911 attacks does not help the arab image in the west ...

4. jeaguer

jeaguer New Member

via TanksinWW2

Most Americans would be well advised to check a bit of facts
    Israel is not a tiny country , it is the biggest war machine of the area
    and the largest economy ,
    They give the Arabs a massive inferiority complex
    The majority of the camps were liberated by the red army , a great numbers of Bolsheviks were jews , though not religious or particularly Zionists
    Israel was recognized in the U.N. with the principal support of the soviet union

The feelings of Palestinians " glowering with anger "about jewish settlers are mentioned in Lawrence " the seven pillars of Wisdom " circa WW1 , when the area was under the Turks ,
    Under the British mandate ,even before Hitler rise ,successive governments had to deal with the strong feelings of jews wanting to emigrate and the anger of Palestinians about perceived British betrayal, culminating in the revolt and massacres of 1936 ,
    Jewish groups such as the Irgun practiced terrorism and summary executions all the while , including the killing of British policemen ,
    A splinter group called the Stern gang refused to have a cease fire during WW2 preferring the Nazis to the British ,
    the Muslim mufti of Jerusalem meanwhile provided a group of Palestinians to be trained by the SS
    after the war Stern and Irgun got together again and carried out some reasonably horrific mass murders to promote ethnic cleansing of Palestinians villages , the hanging of British soldiers captured and the murder of count Bernadotte , a U.N. peace envoy

the chief of the Irgun was called menachem Begin and had a successful political career later on,he was feted in the white house ,
    all Arabs knew the score
    His successor as prime minister of Israel was the chief of the Stern gang called Izak Shamir also an honored guest of the U.S

The politics of the middle east are not conductive to easy answers ,
    The place is insane , there is too much memory in those dessicated hills
    Israel was established by the gun and the massive forced expulsion of villagers ,
    For sixty years their only inheritance has been bitterness ,
    Jews are rightly proud of having kept their people memory alive during their exile
    it is seemly that Palestinians do the same .

5. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Geographically, it is really quite small.

however, your assessment is about right - the whole problem is largely insoluble, unless 1 of two things happen:

1) both sides decide to 'forgive and forget'
    2) one (or both) sides just mysteriously die out. Or disappear.

Hmmm... not very likely.

Reminds me of Northern Ireland

6. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Only much, much worse!

7. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    On a bigger scale, but I'm not sure it's necessarily worse.

Still the Irish Troubles seem to be coming to a somewhat uneasy peace, and all it's taken is a few hundreds of years...

8. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    israel is something like 3 % of the land mass of the ARAB middle east ,most pre war israeli settlers were fleeing the pogroms in benevolent mother RUSSIA . the usa and brits freed enough death camps to get the general picture .israel has the best economy because they tend to be well educated and they have worked very hard ...

in 1948 thousands of arabs fled israel ,many thousands of others chose to stay ,NONE were expeled (unlike the hundreds of thousands of jews who were expeled from syria ,egypt ,jordan , iraq , ect.....) israel has a large military machine? ...lol , well i guess they better have one if they wish to stay alive ...the israelis would love to bury the hatchet and stop liveing in constant readiness if their neighbors would just agree to let them live in peace . sadat agreed to live and let live , it cost him his life ...

9. TISO

TISO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    if you knew the topic you would know that this is not true.

10. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    your right tiso , one can never really say NONE about a historical event of this scale , however, i belive i can state that over 95 % of the arabs in 1948 made their OWN decision as wether they should flee or stay in israel , certainly the ones who stayed faired much better than the ones who opted to move into arab controlled concentration camps in syria, lebanon and jordan ..AND BECAME THE worlds first ever permanent full time REFUGEES .