Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New, here to learn about WWII

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by JKilts, Dec 13, 2007.

1. JKilts

JKilts Member

Hey, My name is Tom, I'm 16, and I live in the United States of America. I'm new to this site. My friends and I make a lot of movies about WWII, I'm in charge of writing and directing, so that means I'm also in charge of making sure everything is historically accurate- which can be a real bare. I'm hoping this site could help. Currently I'm working on a movie about 3 RAF pilots during the Battle of Britain.

I have been very fortunate to have a lot of experience with WWII. I've played Medal of Honor since it came out, and that's what originally got me into WWII. I've met several famous WWII figures- a handful of the Band of Brothers, Robert K Morgan, Paul Tibetts, and a bunch more. I've had veterans come over my house to help with my movies and teach me about this stuff. Last year I was fortunate enough to fly on a B-17, and also visit the Hiroshima memorial. My grandfather served in the RAF and was with the Spitfire Squadrons. My grandmother was in London as a nurse during the Blitzes. And also my great uncle was the second most decorated Allie during WWII, his name was something Paton.

So, I just figured I'd give a little bit of a background about myself. I can't wait to meet new friends and find people who will help with my movies.

Otto likes this.
  2. Jan7

Jan7 Member

Welcome, JKilts.

In this Forum, you just found a lot of good friends.....
    [​IMG]

Jan.

3. Liberator

Liberator Ace

Welcome to the forum JKilts.

4. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome JKilts

5. Gary Tasker

Gary Tasker Member

Welcome JKilts you,ll learn alot here. regards Gary.

6. Shadow Master

Shadow Master Member

Welcome aboard!

7. bigfun

bigfun Ace

Hey Jkilts!!

Welcome!!
    wow, you have alot of cool experiences there, you will have to share some of those great times with us! I'm especially jealous of the B17 ride!!

8. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Welcome JKilts,

sounds like you could make it big in the big H.

Just read our reviews of movies in the movie section and don´t forget them....

;) ;) ;)

9. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Welcome JKilts! :S!

You have a great hobby, making ww2 films! Do you have anything to share with us or maybe a link to your work on IMDB. I'd really love to see what you have.

Peppy >>> hopes JKilts movies have mp40s in them

10. JKilts

JKilts Member

Haha, no, my movies aren't big enough to be on IMDB. I just make them with friends and they're mostly on youtube. My user name there is the same as here.

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I watched some of the clips. Good. Keep it up, I know of another movie producer who started out like you, making home war movies and is famous for saving a certain private.

12. Terror of the Skies

Terror of the Skies Member

Oh I know this one!!!.... Steven Spielberg!!!.. Oh this isn't a trivia thread... Damn.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. I'm into making WWII movies myself. Though without a camera, my friends just do what's known as "make believe." Is it weird to wear Paratrooper boots and a WWII helmet in the middle of the street at 19?

I see you say you come from the Medal of Honor scene? I myself started there way back when in 2001 when Allied Assault premiered for the PC.

So like I said, have fun here, and don't forget, when in doubt empty the magazine.

13. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

I found the your page, and I was thinking exactly the same thing as Slipdigit about Spielberg's warfilms of his childhod. You've done some very nice work, I was especially surpised by the quality of your special effects. The promo video has good music and really draws the viewer in. Well done all around JKilts! :golfclap: I'm wondering where you get your props, specifically where did you get that replica mp40? I'm in the market for one myself. ;)

14. bigfun

bigfun Ace

just watched the tribute vid, nice work dude!

i look forward to seeing more of them!

15. JKilts

JKilts Member

Thank you to everyone who checked my videos out! I'm hoping to get the RAF movie I mentioned somewhere on here up sometime between now and February.
    Peppy: You asked about the MP-40. It's not metal, it's just plastic, but that's all I need. On film plastic could look real. I got that off ebay for about $15 including shipping. Just type in "Airsoft MP-40". I own two and am hoping to get more for an Indiana Jones movie over the summer.

16. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Welcome on the forum, it's always nice to have new creative people around.

17. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Creative is great. Thanks for the tip JKilts, I'm already hot on the train of an mp40.

Be sure to let us know when your next film is done. ;)