Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Nymphenburg Porcelain ? from German trains in World War II

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by bbhar, Jan 17, 2011.

1. bbhar

bbhar recruit

Hi folks...just curious if anyone has any information or insight on porcelain that was made for the 3rd reich during WW2. The porcelain is white with a gold and red stipe aroung the edges with a gold eagle in the center and a D & R for Deutsche Reichban on both sides of the eagle along with the SS above it all. On the bottom of the pieces it had the mark for the manufacturer Nymphenburg and a # which through some research I have come to find out it was a train number. I was debating of listing it on ebay but unsure if I could. I've only seen one site on line that has this and have never seen anything like it listed on Ebay. As a little history...it was brought back during the war and I have 23 pieces of the porcelain...teapot, domed cheese tray, egg cups, bowls, cups and saucers. Some pieces have # 231 and some 255.

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

As a reminder this site is not aimed to value collcetions for members who want to sell their objets, but since your request is interesting and may contribute to other members I'l ltry to give you an answer.

All German porcelaine makers contributed making plates during the 3rd Reich Period. Some made larger quanties than others, but whether Bavaria, Nymphenburg, SaargeMünd or others the value is more what it represents rather than the maker and Reichbahn plate. Are you sure it's for an SS section? If it's just an eagle with swastika it's plain REICHBahn This being said, I have East front plates made for specific units that were givien to officers for Christmas during the war , or other plates that were made for victories, birthdays and others and did not pay fortunes for them.

Ps: the prices you see at some Ebay dealers (no names mentionned) are jokes, noone will ever pay 5999$ or 17999$... for those, certainly not in Europe where those itmes can stil lbe found at flea markets. Let's face it if I had this money to spend on German militaria, I would rather buy a batch of Helmets and uniforms.

3. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr