Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Ode to Shrillary

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Poppy, Jul 29, 2016.

1. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

And I'd like to thank Hitch for clearing up some questions about waterboarding. But oh, what a dumbass trick that was!

2. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

I know where the thread is located and I am very aware of the demographics of this forum; I also have an intimate understanding of the posting rules and guide lines in this particular section.

With that being said I will reiterate: I do not understand what compels people to comment on the political goings on in the US when they don't live here.

IF someone from outside the US would care to explain why they do it, I would appreciate hearing it.

3. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

As I tried to point out before, when the actions in one country affect those in another country there is interest, where there is interest there are comments.

Do not impact upon others and I doubt very much people will comment.

But as one of the most powerful countries in the world, who becomes the president of the United States will have an impact upon those in other countries, especially neighbouring countries.

We are interconnected and to be honest with you, we are very good for one another.

KTK

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

With the States wanting to move towards an isolationist stand point...Australia cold stand to lose millions if not billions in trade revenue...we are their closest ally (China keeps on warning us to keep our distance from you guys) - You could also get us into a huge shit fight, that could mean Australian lives...money and lives sound like two good reasons to have an opinion wouldn't you say FJ?

5. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

You've used that line on women, haven't you?

McCabe likes this.
  6. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

US domestic politics impacts the world. Why wouldn't foreigners have an opinion? Things like Brexit and the totally unrelated and completely unconnected terrorist attacks in Europe have an impact on North Americans as well. It seems like normal discourse to me.

The thing to remember is that it is all just opinions, something everyone has. I feel there is a saying concerning another thing everyone has, but it escapes me at the moment.

Mutley likes this.
  7. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

I see where much of the confusion lies: The original poster in this thread has edited his original post; from the nonsensical limmerick to an actual thought. The original post is what motivated me, to very softly, call him an idiot.

I understand that the goings on in the US have far reaching implications and that the decisions we Americans (US voting public) make affect the global community.

For the record: Opinions are one thing, derogatory and disparaging remarks are quite another.

By the way....this thread is in the Poetry section and not the Stump....

8. Mutley

Mutley Active Member

My interest in watching your politics stems from wondering who will be your next president and how his or her policies will impact on my nephew and niece over there and the world in general. I've also various cousins in the States whose lineage comes from Scotland.

I don't envy the choice you will all have to make voting later this year. If I had to vote I suppose I'd have to vote for Clinton for being the lesser of the two evils. Trumps rhetoric is dangerous. I really wish you guys had a third choice.

9. OpanaPointer

I'm voting for Cthulhu this year.

Mutley likes this.
  10. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

We do have a third choice, and a fourth choice. The Libertarian Party for those on the right, and the Green Party for those on the left. The problem is that the two major parties have become so entrenched and corrupt that it's difficult for other parties to even get on the ballot. When they do get on the ballot, the American voters have become so jaded they think they are "wasting" their vote if cast a ballot based on their conscience instead of just picking their perceived lesser of two evils from the two major parties.

11. Mutley

Mutley Active Member

Well that just proves how little air time your other choices receive from the British media!

12. toki2

toki2 Active Member

The main thing to remember is that only the USA electorate can decide their future. Scotland ran the gauntlet of disparaging and derogatory remarks from around the world during the Independence campaign and it was 'water off a duck's back' to me. The same goes for the views of 'celebrities', religious leaders and the media. It does not matter but it is always interesting to hear outsiders opinions whether insulting or not.

13. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Clintrump for POTUS.

Poppy likes this.
  14. toki2

toki2 Active Member

Had to look up POTUS!

15. OpanaPointer

Now you need SCOTUS and FLOTUS.

16. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I am interested in other country's elections, but I do not usually comment, other than to ask questions. I have voiced here and in other forums that I do not take into account the opinions of others where the politics of my country are concerned. I expect the same from others.

I understand that we are a large nation and that our flaiLing around affects other countries. Personally, I wished we were far less involved in the machinations of other countries, especially those that we pay to be nice to us. I say to hell with them, let someone else build their dictator a new summer villa.

17. Takao

Takao Ace

I do miss CINCUS. That's always good for a laugh.

18. OpanaPointer

Kimmel would not be pleased. Pye wouldn't be too displeased with being the last CINCUS.

19. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Active Member

Bridlington East Riding Yorkshire England
    I know we have our problems here in the UK but looking at the US candidates a hell of a job deciding on the lesser of 2 evils this time round, unless Amricans have information not shared across the pond.

20. Takao

Takao Ace

That will depend on what else Assange & WikiLeaks decide to release.