Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Overlord: Horror on all Levels

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by Mussolini, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Do yourselves all a favor and skip this Horror WW2 movie.

The CGI/Special Affects/Cinematography are all amazing, top notch quality etc. But that where it ends.

I'm writing this thread 30 minutes into the movie.

First, we have a black soldier as part of the 101st Airborne. He seems to be the main focus of the movie. Then the commander of his stick steps out from the pilot...and is another Black guy. I get the whole diversity thing, but come on now! They're jumping into Normandy BTW on some secret mission.

Shit hits the fan of course and we're down to 4. The black guy with a garand, the sgt or cpl now the squad leader with the thompson, a sniper (did 101 Airborne even have snipers), a guy with a BAR and I believe a Carbine is what the last soldier has.

Also playing really hard on stereotypes - the New Yorker/Italian heavy accent guy, the clean cut white guy in charge.

Then there's the beautiful french woman they encounter. Makes lovey eyes with the black guy right off the bat - oh yeah, he speaks fluent french. Did i mention that?

Then we have the Angry Germans. They're burning crosses with JC on them outside a church. Then the SS Commander just likes shooting people randomly - pulls a family out of their house and shoots the woman for no apparent reason. Lets also ignore the fact that the Germans are being invaded - this is set during D-Day if the name didn't give it away- they're all just chilling in this village. Oh, their machine guns shoot red lazer beams too.

So the SS Commander is obviously staying with the hot french chick. He apparently likes to bone her as well, but now that she has company hiding upstairs, she is not interested in returning the favor. Makes Mr. Angry SS Commander even angrier, so of course that means he wants to go down on her (you know what I mean). In the process of that, the Black Guy is infuriated that the SS wants to bone the french girl so escapes from the clutches of his commander who tries to make him stay, and he runs down and puts his gun to the SS Commanders head. So they take him prisoner, compromising their mission.

In the time its taken me to write this, the Black guy has run off for some reason is starting to discover the Zombies that this movie is based around. Some Occult German experiments by the looks of things.

So yeah...absolutely terrible. Not worth watching.

Otto likes this.
  2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Go back and count the Iowas off the coast of Normandy as the C-47s fly aimlessly around.

Boss Lady is a zombie freak, so I've ordered the video for her. I will be bitching about it for the next few months.

3. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Its not even a Zombie movie. They're on screen for all of 1.5 minutes. Not even a 'horror' movie either - no anticipation or suspense. I expected it to be cheesey but this was...well, something else entirely. The Trailer was far more exciting.

OpanaPointer likes this.
  4. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Sounds rather like the sort of straight-to-DVD movie which crops up on the 'Movies For Men' Channel on UK TV.....

5. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I think the Swedes started the Nazi Zombie thing.