Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Panama? Seriously No Discussion?

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Ilhawk, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

IMO, when the BBC, Gaurdian and other media outlets post a picture of Putin under the title corruption or offshore accounts exposed while failing to produce any evidence is dishonest. Why is Putins face plastered all over the covers of Western news journals and magazines when the leaders of these very countries have been mentioned? David Cameron was linked to Panama yet it's Putins face on BBC. Why is there no picture of the King of Saudia Arabia or the new Ukrainian president who also is mentioned?

I'm afraid I can only comment on what I've seen or read. To my knowledge neither Putin nor any of his members of cabinet or family members have been mentioned in this leak. In fact only one of Putins friends is mentioned. Does that mean Putin is behind this? Where is the connection? Is Barrack Obama responsible for what other senators, congressmen or his friends do in private?

I must say that I'm actually surprised that no Russian names made the list. Corruption is still widespread in Russia. While it has been curbed under Putin there is still much to do. To have such a leak exposed with no real Russian names on it is actually a sigh of relief for Russians.

The smear campaign against Vladimir Putin and Russia is very well-funded and I do not see it subsiding any time soon.

LJAd likes this.
  2. lwd

lwd Ace

Putin's lack of honesty is readily apparent. One only has to look objectively at what's happened in the last decade or so. Even if he isn't directly involved that many of his close associates are is very telling. That said I wouldn't have used his picture in an article about it at this point.

3. Ilhawk

Ilhawk New Member

Putin wouldn't have much of a need for Panama. Only those who need to hide something need Panama. Not that Putin isn't corrupt.

Putin is never riding off into the sunset. One of the things that makes him particularly dangerous. Organized crime boss with nukes. Think about that.

Putin doesn't have whistle blowers...for long.

The guy is a master communicator. In his own language I think he comes off quite believable and sincere. His voice and cadence doesn't follow his tough guy demeanor though (my opinion). He is different that most past Russian leaders...that is except Stalin. Stalin didn't communicate like what many might think.

4. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

You would have to provide some examples. I'm not saying that he's squeaky clean (I don't think any politician is) but I think he is far from what he is being labeled in the West. Again, only one of Putins associates has been named.

5. lwd

lwd Ace

We're in substantial agreement here. Not sure he's all that different from "most past Russian leaders" though. Especially if you look at the Czars. Of course they weren't pretending to be democratic leaders either.

6. Ilhawk

Ilhawk New Member

I should have clarified. Soviet leaders pre Gorby. Politburo type. Stalin was different than others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGbjPqFFvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLqplbwD644

7. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

8. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Again Gentlemen, Russia is a democratic country. In fact there is far more democracy in Russia then there is in Turkey, Saudia Arabia, and Ukraine.... All US allies.

One can do anything he/she wants as long as it's within the law. Why is there so much attention placed on Putin concerning the "Panama Leaks" and not the Western leaders who have actually been named?

9. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

I'm sorry but comparing Putin to Stalin is laughable. There are no similarities. Putin has no mustache and is far more popular with the ladies....

10. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

hahahaha...(slow clap) :)

Edit- parenthesis, happy face
    edit 2- damn, parentheses

11. Ilhawk

Ilhawk New Member

Uncle Joe had a gut too. Too much GMO.