Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Pearl Harbor was a TRAP TO CATCH A (JAPANESE)

Discussion in 'Pearl Harbor Conspiracy Theories' started by dexter livingstone, Jan 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

Wow....so, German U-boats patrolling off the Eastern seaboard apparently never happened. I seem to recall some shipping sunk by them, but not much due to the diligent paranoia of the Coast Guard and coast watches. They did drop off a couple of spies, most of whom were captured fairly quickly (the hunt for ZigZag was actually kicked off by a group of Boy Scouts who found his tracks in the woods, followed them back to the coast, put two and two together, and called it in. Should be a merit badge for that sorta thing!).

And regarding Hitler being a trol (troll?)...I'm guessing the reason he lost the war in the first place was his penchant for hunkering down under bridges (burning bridges, knowing him...) sending out spam mail and lurking on forums, instead of listening to his generals? Hmm....that's actually plausible, if you don't think about it.

2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

[video=youtube;FMEe7JqBgvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg&ob=av3e[/video]

3. Takao

Takao Ace

You have to love collegehumor.com

4. OpanaPointer

[​IMG] Are they the ones that do the Imperial Stormtrooper parodies?

5. Takao

Takao Ace

6. Takao

Takao Ace

There were no outstanding naval treaties between the US and China. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Your confusion concerning this matter is understandable, considering you are likely thinking of the Nine-Power Treaty that was reached during the Washington Naval Conference of 1922, and to an extent, the Four-Power Treaty concluded during the same conference. The Nine-Power Treaty was to preserve China's political and economic independence, while the Four-Power Treaty was to maintain the political situation, in the Pacific, between Britain, France, Japan, and the United States. While, the intentions were in the right place, both Treaties lacked any sort of enforcement measures should either Treaty be broken. Thus, when Japan moved into Manchuria in 1931, there was very little that the other signatories could do about it.

Still, in 1931, none of the major signatories were in any position to begin major military actions in China. With the "Great Depression" raging, and military budgets cut to minimal levels, it would likely have cost any of the Western Powers greatly in both political and military terms. Any American President whom decided to wage war against Japan in 30's, instead of "taking car of business at home", most assuredly been voted out of office.

You presuppose that the Axis was acting as a team, however, that was not the case. Had they been, they would have chosen to focus their efforts more on a diplomatic solution, and not have resorted to a military solution. However, the Axis continued military aggression was leaving America with little choice, but to join one side or the other.

The British did not "drag the US foot into the door with the lend/lease on fifty mothballed destroyers." First off, the "Destroyers for Bases" deal was not "Lend-Lease", since "Lend-Lease" would not yet be enacted for some months. More so, it was somewhat an extension of the US "Cash and Carry" policy enacted in November, 1939. With regards in that the US got something in return for the destroyers, and did not simply hand over the destroyers without getting anything in return. Second, the US was not dragged into this, but went, more or less, willing into arms sales to the belligerents. Not to mention, she constructed her policies so that they often favored the "Allied" side.

As I pointed out in my response to your Point #2, your presupposing that the Axis are acting as a team.

How do you expect Germany to coordinate a simultaneous strike on the East Coast, when Japan never specifically informed them of what they were doing in the Pacific? Indeed, the Japanese only obliquely referred to an impending operation in the Pacific when the Japanese Ambassador to Berlin, Hiroshi Oshima, met with von Ribbentrop on November 30th, 1941. Now, had the Axis been acting as a team, Japan should have moved North, and invaded the Soviet Union. Yet Japan DID NOT! She went South, in a move that was sure to bring the United States into the conflict. That would be the downfall of the Axis, they were to set on pursuing their own goals, rather than acting in concert together towards a common goal.

There never was a "Monster in the closet", that is a figment of your misguided imagination. Most certainly if there was a "Monster", than Germany would have unleashed when she had the chance. There was no way for Germany to effectively strike at the United States, although, she did place outrageously high hopes on the few saboteurs she landed on our shores.

It sounds to me like you are describing the saboteur George Dasch. He was one of the saboteurs landed on America's shore. Germany/Hitler thought that they controlled him. But as you say, he had an "independent mind", as soon as possible, after landing in America, he went to the FBI in Washington and gave up the whole German sabotage mission. Which, as you also say, "left Hitler holding the bag."

7. lwd

lwd Ace

Since the OP of this thread likes analogies how about:
    Facts are to CT'ers as salt is to slugs.
    The object even bear a family resembalance.
    My apologies to any slugs that feel slighted by the above.

8. OpanaPointer

The "9 Power Treaty"
    Treaty between the United States of America, Belgium, the British Empire, China, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, and Portugal, Signed at Washington February 6, 1922

9. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

psssssttt....FDR was not in office until 1933.

10. Takao

Takao Ace

I feel like such a goof:eek:

I had been thinking on the USS Panay bombing in 1937, and how FDR did not act upon that incident to make war on Japan.

11. dexter livingstone

dexter livingstone recruit

i'm on the trail of a Trol, note the one armed bandit! I assume a bombmaker, hence the one arm! Hitler had a use for off the wall ideas. This guy hated communism, may even been in combat on the eastern front. Pearl Harbor however was his tipping point. Also, there most likely was a feeling of deep betrayal or distrust toward Hitler.

12. dexter livingstone

100g atomic test detonator
    Probably just a CT perpetuated by the US Army, making up a fake ground zero photo.

13. OpanaPointer

Buh-bye.

14. Takao

Takao Ace

Well, we're all familiar with how Hitler felt about those whom control the one-armed bandits
    [video=youtube;Sv92n4LSAn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv92n4LSAn8&feature=player_embedded[/video]
    **WARNING** Adult language(sub-titles) -NSFW-

15. dexter livingstone

You should never trust first on the scene investigators, spin artists if I ever saw one! Pencil pushers are the most trust worthy, why would they lie?

Ever hear of a place called Kursk! 800 russian tanks destroyed with a single CT bomb! Never happened, just a coverup for a tank for vodka scam!

The Germans didn't have six engine long range aircraft, so how could they even think to hit New York from Kristiansand.

There never was an atomic test done in occupied Korea, the CT's made the test bunker to fool us!

The US military confirmed 95 cases where they lost or misplaced atomic devices, if Hitler lost one or two on their way to New York, he would have said so! Trust me on this one!

No one ever defected or failed Hitler in a mission, he was such a nice guy, why would they without a reason!

We should never question anything, we are comfortable with what we know, any thought to the contrary is probably communist CT mind control! As long as we don't think, how can they control our minds!

Not one in 700 visits has any idea what I am talking about, thats Ok...I don't either! Well, except for a one armed trol sitting in Toronto picking nazi fuzz out of his navel who we all should show some sort of appreciation!

16. OpanaPointer

You're getting tiresome, son.

17. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Yes, I have. And no. Are you bringing up the "Nazi Tactical Nuke" theory? IIRC, the only place I've seen this using Kursk as evidence is on a youtube video.

EDIT: for those that want a laugh, this is the video I'm reffering to (the Kursk "evidence" is at the 3:20 mark): Hitler's bomb - YouTube

I don't know. You tell me since you brought hup the idea of the Germans attacking the East Coast.

Oh, how could I forget? The Japanese detonated a nuclear bomb in Korea in 1945. Of course, the island where the claimed detonation occured is off-limits (being a part of what is now the DPRK) and no professional analysis has ever been performed on it. How convieient. This makes perfect sense, unless you bring up the fact that no one has produced solid, concrete evidence supporting it.

I don't even know what you're trying to say.

I think this speaks for itself.

See above.

The one armed "TROLL" sitting in Toronto? Is that me? I'm the only one from Canada participating in this thread.... I'm honoured.
    Or did you mean "Taranto"?

18. dexter livingstone

Now that I got some of the fuzz out of my navel, maybe I can speak more clearly. I appreciate everyones patience, really I do, especially the Canadian!

19. OpanaPointer

We're going to need some coherent posts out of you, Dexter. This is still a suggestion at this point, for now.

20. Takao

Takao Ace

Thanks for the laugh George Patton!:D:D:D

The photo of the Tiger moving through the <cough>epicenter<cough> is a rather well known photo of a schwere Panzerabtielung 502 Tiger "232"...

For those who don't know, the 502nd was never anywhere near Kursk at any point during the second world war.

Dexter,

Don't worry, you are appreciated...Usually, there is an admissions fee charged for this much comedy.

George Patton likes this.