Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Pix - Tiger I at Vimoutiers.

Discussion in 'Armor and Armored Fighting Vehicles' started by Martin Bull, Jun 19, 2007.

1. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Grim, innit.
    Still patching up hundreds of my images on 2T... When I spot them.
    Can't even extract an image from the url unless you own the account any more.
    Few tricks to make them temporarily fix, but some have proven very temporary and doubtless all will eventually.

2. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I am incandescent - and, old Luddite that I am, the whole sorry tale confirms my darkest opinions about the Internet......:rolleyes:

3. lwd

lwd Ace

4. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

No apologies for *bumping* one of my favourite old threads ( I guess it's now probably eleven years on... o_O )

I was heartbroken when Photobucket started screwing around and these pics were lost to the Forum - well, now I've paid my 24 bucks and they're back !

The Vimoutiers Tiger has been much in the news this year - looks like it's going to be removed to Saumur for restoration work before being returned to a new building in Vimoutiers.

It's now a priceless relic so this makes sense. I hate to admit it, though - I'll miss it sitting up on that hill overlooking the battlefield. It's drawn me back time and again and I'm glad to have made the most of it.......

jagdpanther44 and PzJgr like this.
  5. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

I loved the fact that you could actually get up close to the beast, touch it and....ahem...even climb on it!

However, when I last visited the Tiger in April of this year, a fence had been erected around it putting paid to my hopes of any more shenanigans on the metal monster.

BTW I'm now all booked (ferry, accommodation etc) for my next trip to Normandy for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings in 2019. ;)