Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Salutes! Thank Your Fellow Rogues.

Discussion in 'WWII Forums News' started by Otto, Sep 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Now all Rogues have the opportunity to recognize other members for their great posts and constructive contributions. The new feature is called a Salute, and you can salute a post by clicking the newly added Salute button at the bottom right of their posts.

The new button looks like this: [​IMG]

Salutes are valuable, so you will only be able to salute other Rogues three times per day. Each Salute also comes with three points of reputation/prestige. You will not be able to salute posts that are more than 90 days old.

The new system is meant to promote higher quality postings, so get out there and Salute the posts/Rogues you think are of good value!

Brief Salute Tutorial:

[​IMG]

The image above indicates where you will find the salute icon (bottom right of each post). Note that the Salute icon will NOT appear beneath posts when you are not able to Salute them, eg beneath your own posts, or beneath posts you have already saluted. Also, the Salute icon will NOT appear beneath ANY posts when you have given out your allotment of three Salutes in a 24 hour period. Each individual Salute will return 24 hours after it was given out.

Attached Files:

Peppy, Za Rodinu, mikebatzel and 3 others like this.
  2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Is this meant for the postings from now on or can we salute great postings from the past once some come up for one reason or another? Thanx for the answer,Otto!

Otto likes this.
  3. Otto

You can salute any post, as long As it is 90 days old or less, so they must be somewhat recent. I did this to promote salutes to active members rather than those who may have retired. ;)

Aviation History likes this.
  4. Joe

Joe Ace

Every day this one becomes better than all the other forums on the web! Well done otto!
    EDIT-Notice you can't salute yourself...hmm...

5. bigfun

bigfun Ace

Well done Otto! Another great feature to an already stellar website!!
    Thanks again!!

Aviation History likes this.
  6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

For those about to Rock.......!

Aviation History and Jaeger like this.
  7. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Otto - I like the new feature but I am also a bit confused. Should we still be using the reputation system or does saluting completely replace it?

8. Otto

Good question dgmitchell. The Salute system and the reputation/prestige system are two separate systems that have a bit of overlap. Both systems are part of a larger goal that will be revealed in time. ;) I can't say more than that right now! :zipit:

Salutes are a way of "thanking" someone for a post. It is a one time deal and is independent of time served or post count. All you need in 5 posts to be able to Salute a Rogue. Everyone gets 3 salutes per day, and each salute automatically comes with three rep/prestige points.

Reputation/Prestige is a way of recognizing members for their contributions over time. You ability to add rep/prestige changes based on your time served/posts/reputation points etc. Each member gets rep/prestige power based on these factors. There are Rogues here who can add as many as 22 points per event!

They are separate but similar systems, and there are different criterion to participate.

C.Evans likes this.
  9. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Thanks Otto, this is a great addition to an already great forum. Keep up all the good work you do.

10. Otto

(We [​IMG] You!) You gotta love any reference to AC/DC, especially one coming from across the pond!

Thanks everyone for the feedback and the salutes. It seems I'm getting a few salutes for implementing the Salute system. I'm not sure if this is irony or the exact opposite or it. :D Please keep the feedback coming!

bigfun, macrusk and brndirt1 like this.
  11. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

This forum just gets better and better, thanks for all your efforts guys!

12. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

Thank you, Otto! Your continuous quest to improve and keep this Forum as a place of high quality and innovation is greatly appreciated.

Skipper likes this.
  13. krieg

krieg Ace

nice work there otto i like this salute.. best mark

14. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Ahhhh, now I see!

Hamlet, Act 2, scene 2:
    Polonius: [Aside] Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
    :D

15. Hawkerace

Hawkerace Member

Oh jeez we are doing Shakespeare in school and as if Za. As IF.

Good stuff Otto.

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Otto, keep up the hard work man ;-)) Also I :salute: you twice-the first one counted but the 2nd is here. :lol:

17. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Otto likes this.
  18. Otto

AC/DC is great aren't they! They have a very special place for me. I'm Canadian so playing hockey and getting a scholarship in the US is mandated by Federal Canadian Law. My nickname when I played in college was "TNT" and they played the AC/DC song TNT whenever I managed to score a goal.
    :iceskate: :otto::_yeah: :hockeypuck:

Skipper likes this.
  19. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I've been their fan ever since Bon Scott! They are still huge in Europe and Australia has even issued postage stamps with them on it. Cool you like them , one of my other favorites is Motorhead.;)

Kai-Petri likes this.
  20. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

In Finland "we all " love heavy metal. We have Scorpions every year, Iron Maiden comes here whenever they have time to come, sometimes up to 3-4 concerts/year to full stadiums, hoping AC/DC would come here during their album tour. I have been an AC/DC fan since " For those about to rock" and Motörhead fan since " No sleep till hammersmith". Ace of spades! I think Lemmy comes to Finland every summer and I think Motörhead has a concert in Helsinki in late November this year.

Skipper likes this.