Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Stalin's Contributions

Discussion in 'Prelude to War & Poland 1939' started by kowalskil, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Tamino

Tamino Doc - The Deplorable

Why so negative dear Marcus?

Stalin helped Czechs to gain absolute control over the Sudetenland. Czechs could have never dreamed of such amazingly good outcome of the war without a little help from Uncle Joe. Poles have regained all lost territories after the Red army obliterated the Germans. Everything lost in the past milllenium has been re-gained and even more than that: Silesia is is 100% Polish today. Stalin helped Russians to re-gain Karelia and Kalliningrad. List is longer but I guess that's enough.

What I wanted to say is: some have lost under Stalin but some have very good reason to appreciate the results of Stalin's work.

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

and the Czechs paid the price to regain the Control of Sudetenland (which they incidentally already had before Hitler invaded the area in 1938). They never recovered Ruthenia which Stalin kept in 1945.. The same recipe was used with the Poles (the territories east of Brest Litow were never returned but compensated with Mazuria, Silezia etc...
    Stalin let the Czechs "clean" their country and when this was done they sealed it fate in 1947 by forcing the Czech to refuse the Marshall plan and imposing Gottwald in the Prague coup of 1948.

3. Tamino

Tamino Doc - The Deplorable

Thanks Skip for aditional comments which I highly respect as usual.

But let me get back to our friend Marcus.

No, it is quite the opposite. Propagandists use "Stalin's Crimes" to relativize/justify all crimes committed against the Russians. Let's be nice and show due respect for millions of innocent victims.

4. lwd

lwd Ace

Or not. Mostly or not. I didn't see any attempt to "justify" and crimes against the Russians. Indeed it's still not clear to what extent there were crimes committed against them by the Finns. Certainly there weren't millions of innocnent victims of Finnish crimes against Russians. The Soviets on the other hand did have millions of victims. If you start praising Stalin then bringing up his crimes is a very reasonable counter point. Shether or not Stalin's activities count as genocide depends on just what definition of the term one uses but it's clear that he was a mass murder who ranks right up there with Mao and Hitler.

5. freirant

freirant New Member

6. freirant

freirant New Member

The difference between the crimes of Nazism and the Communists is that Communists committed those murders within the boundaries of the Soviet Union, thus making it very difficult to verify considering that even today the russian authorities are not very fond of accepting those crimes. On the contrary, Nazi Germany murdered more people in other contries than Germany and this has been verified by those countries, some of them blaming the Nazis but crimes committed by themselves. Example the rounding of Jews to be handed to nazi authorities.

7. shubhamsharda

shubhamsharda New Member