Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

stubborn old coot wants a department

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by aquist, Jul 8, 2005.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    yep, i still want there to be a category for reenactors. it makes sense to me the other reenactor groups are hide-bound and what is needed is youth. new voices and new ideas. fire away

2. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The problem the way I see it Kreigspfarrer is that you're not likely to get "new voices and new ideas", what you're likely to get is a section to yourself because there simply aren't the re-enactors here to keep any discussions going.

I'll be completely honest here, re-enacting doesn't interest me particularly. I read your posts on here because they appear in the sections I frequent, but if they were in a section on their own I probably wouldn't go looking for them. I'd like to bet that the same goes for the majority of the others on here too (If I'm wrong I'd expect to have seen more interest so far), so you're probably getting more people to read your posts now than you would placing them in a separate section.

I am of course neither a Moderator nor Admin here, and am just offering my personal observations, if anyone wishes to correct me on what I've posted above please feel free, but just to reiterate what I said the last time: I really do not think that there is sufficient interest at the moment to justify a separate Re-enactors section.

Why not try and get some of your fellow re-enactors posting on here? That might generate enough interest and posts to warrant a section to itself.

3. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Simon is right, I'm afraid, Kriegspfarrer. While I much respect your input and your opinion on this forum, I do believe you are the only WW2 reenactor to visit it anything near regularly. This would mean that aside from a few posts from those who are really interested, the section would be just you talking to us.

I'd suggest either stimulating some reenactment friends you have to come and post here, or seeking a forum where reenactment is more alive than here, and keep this one for your other discussions and thoughts.

4. PanzerProfile

PanzerProfile New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I don't want to mess up things here but I am kind of interested in re-enacting. A little though,simply because one of my former teachers happens to be a pretty serious re-enactor. (I found that out recently) He visits the region of Bastogne annually with his reenactor group to go and reenact out there. They even own several jeeps and a "white"halftrack m3a1.
    But I'm afraid that my interest doesn't compare to Kriegspfarrer's, and is surely not enough to fill a whole section with... :cry:

5. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    consolation prize

when I left Chicago, i left behind all my reenactor friends then when I left Mo. it was the same except the friend i had was no friend at all. I just found out there is a new reenactment group(German) less than 30 miles from here. it is the 21st inf Division and so far it has 9 members. i have not been able to get with any of them yet but i think this may lead to something good for me and yes I will send all my kameraden to the forum-
    Arkadelphia Arkansas.

6. cheeky_monkey

cheeky_monkey New Member

via TanksinWW2
    what do you re-enact?
    personally i would love to re-enact some of the stag dos i have been on in the past :smok:

7. dave phpbb3

dave phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    im trying to join a group here but im 2 young

8. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    re-enactment

Here's a pic. of some young friends of mine, belonging to the 'Tommy Atkins Society' taken a few weeks ago at the 'Great Central Railway' 1940's weekend.
    Have more pics. if you wish to see them.

9. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    aziz

If you're going to re-enact, do it right! Nice tank!