Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The USS Missouri (BB-63)

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Half Track, May 7, 2018.

1. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty bad I guess when they don’t even include the “screws” with the kit. But it is what it is and as I have aged I don’t have the patience for small parts like years ago. Use tweezers a lot. I just need something to do in retirement even if it is a snap-title model. Sometimes I spruce them up with a little paint. And as said, this was about 19 bucks at Michaels I think. I had built it back around 1956 but back then I never painted my models.

2. Takao

Takao Ace

19 bucks isn't bad...I paid about 27 bucks each for some Tamiya Japanese heavy cruisers back in the early 2000s. Tamiya's 1/350th Yamato ran me about 75-80(on sale nontheless). As well as the Revell 1/350 Missouri.

The cruisers are still in the box, half painted, and the Missouri is in the box untouched..Some day I will get around to finishing them.

3. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe I had a coupon that I printed out for Michaels. I hope when you do the Missouri that you have better luck fitting the deck to the hull than I did. Not too good for me and once in place as best as I could I had to use two tight rubber bands to hold it in place until the glue dried and then I cut them off with a scissors. The Tamiya models fit perfectly, deck snapped down very nicely and no rubber bands needed.