Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

United States vs. Nazi Germany.

Discussion in 'What If - European Theater - Western Front & Atlan' started by DoesNotExist305, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoesNotExist305

DoesNotExist305 recruit

In a one on one war between the United States in the 1940s and Nazi Germany, who do you think would have won? Lets say that it's 1939 and Germany attacks the US instead of Poland and no other nation enters the war. What would be the outcome?

2. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

You have to provide more than what you have. In order for Germany to attack the US several things have to be taken into account for the premise to be even remotely feasible. In 1940-41 Germany didn't have the amphibious capabilities to attack Great Britain let alone the US; however, in 1942 the US was able to supply and support two amphibious operations in separate hemispheres (North Africa / Guadalcanal).

And When you say "Nazi Germany" are you refering to only the SS or are you including the Heer, Lufwaffe and Kriegsmarine?

Fortunately for you this is your first post and anyother posts you make can only be an improvement. In all honesty if this is your idea of a well thought and incitefully presented thesis then you are in for a great deal of hurt feelings and dissapointment.

A-58 likes this.
  3. DoesNotExist305

DoesNotExist305 recruit

Well, I thought that we all knew what Nazi Germany meant considering that we are on a World War II forum but I guess not. Im obviously speaking of the German Wehrmacht as a whole. I simply provided an idea. The details are up to you. You can get as creative as you want with it.

4. Mehar

Mehar Ace

Germany would already be at a disadvantage given the large amount of space that separates them and the US thus making it harder to transfer supplies and the like across. Maybe if Japan was helping but on its own I don't think it's a very worthwhile discussion to have simply due to the logistics.

5. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I'm moving this to the Alternate History forum, where it belongs, but I am also closing it. It does not meet the criteria for a successful Alternate History post. First, it does not present a fully developed scenario. Second, the poster has not provided his own thoughts on the issue. Finally, we require that all Alternate History posts first be moderated. I would suggest that you read the requirements for such posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.