Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

US Army Signal Battalions or Companies

Discussion in 'History of America during World War II' started by Cheshire cheese, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Cheshire cheese

Cheshire cheese New Member

I cannot find any Tables of Organisation and Equipment (TO&E) for these units, despite looking fairly hard. Does anyone have a link to these or could describe the numbers of men and the kind of vehicles and major items of equipment issued? I am especially trying to find out about the 59th Signal Battalion, part of VIII Corps. Thank you.

2. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

The US Army Military History Institute and Army Heritage Education Center in Carlisle, PA, holds a complete collection of T/O&E documents. They would be the place to start. Ask Us a Question - USAHEC Ask Us a Question

The second place to check would be the US Army Signal School Museum at Fort Gordon, GA. https://signal.army.mil/old/history/museum.html

Cheshire cheese likes this.
  3. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

CARL?

4. Cheshire cheese

Thank you RichT090 for your very prompt and helpful reply.Sorry, OpanaPointer, I do not understand your reply. My purpose is to help give a flavour [I am English] of the equipment issued to the 59th, and not to go into great depth on the topic. I will try the Museum avenue first. Anymore ideas welcome! Thanks CC

5. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

6. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

If you only need flavour, go to the online Signal Corps history The Test.

7. Cheshire cheese

Thank you all for your replies.Being a Limey, as a 59th man said in a letter home in Feb 44, I didn't get CARL. As it was a flavour I need, I will save my money for a researcher for another problem area. Grateful to you guys. CC