Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

vid: hood vs bismarck

Discussion in 'The War at Sea' started by Quillin, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    During that battle... maybe. In the whole world???

2. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Ricky: Compared with Yamato, even the Bismark was nothing against it.
    Ebar: Love the plot of Bismark: the movie. I wonder what scenario you'll come up with for Tirpitz revenge :D

3. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    tiornu ..why is it that the dogfights cg team is better able to do aircombat than naval combat , i liked the hood bismark vid and am curious why you found it lacking ...

4. Tiornu

Tiornu Member

via TanksinWW2
    I suppose it's a matter of scale. All the details of a 42,000-ton warship dwarf those of a fighter plane. I remember the Samar episode when they just kind of gave up, and when it came time to show the Japanese forming a battle line, they threw battleships and cruisers and destroyers all together in the same line.

5. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The answer to that, as Obi-wan Kenobi would say, would depend very much upon the person's point of view. To some, BISMARCK was the epitome of battleships, the most powerful one to ever exist. To others, she was a shoddy, flawed behemoth, nowhere near as good as most of her contemporaries or successors. The truth lies somewhere between, IMHO.

6. Ome_Joop

Ome_Joop New Member

via TanksinWW2
    There are great Hollywood scriptwriters here so why bother with the strike :lol:
    I only wonder how they will include Hitler in Bismark II (how did he survive? cloning perhaps a la Boys from Brasil?)

7. Notmi

Notmi New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Agreed. I think I belong to latter group (shoddy, flawed behemoth).

8. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
  9. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    It will either be against his son, or it will be Himmler ;)

10. Ebar

Ebar New Member

On a space station in geosynchronous orbit above y
    via TanksinWW2
    The possibilies are wider than that, it could be:
    Zombie Hitler
    Cyborg Hitler
    Oh-I-wasn't-quiet-dead-after-all Hitler
    Son of Hitler
    Mum of Hitler
    Brother of Hitler
    Lover (gay or straight) of Hitler
    Deputy of Hitler

:D

11. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    BISMARK II, Tirpitz Revenge

It has been 6 years after the Bismarks attack but the threat remained. Hitlers body was fished up by a japanese fishing ship. With the use of latested technologies, hitler is brought back alive. Half men, half robot. Hitler (Bruno Ganz) takes the command of the Tirpitz. The Tirpitz sales toward Murmansk where nuclear missles are stolen. Then the Tirpitz sets sail to the eastern coastline of the USA. The mission, a nuclear strike on the eastcoast. The nuclear fallout will drive the survivors to the west coast where a day later the Yamato, commanded by admiral Yamamoto (Jackie Chan), will launch a misslestrik with a new virus, killing everybody on the westcoast with a horible disease. only one men can save the world.
    But before Roosevelt (once again Russel Crowe) can come into action, he's poisened by himmler (Tom Cruise). Himmler gets shot by Roosevelts daughter (Jennifer Aniston)

But two new men arrive on the scene. First is Roosvelts apprentice Harry Truman (Nicolas Cage) and Roosevelts mentor Winston Churchil (Sean Connery/Hugh Jackman => not yet decided).

The action starts at pearl. Truman boards a Type XXI submarine called Red October. They intercept the Yamato but it moves to fast. Truman has himself shot out of the torpedotube and reaches the hull. There he climbs up with the aid of magnets. Once up he shoots his way in but once on the bridge, Truman gets his ass kicked by Yamamoto. He's thrown in the fridge, after passing the missles with the virus. on one of the missles is his girlfriend Eva Brown (Angelina Jolie) tied up. Eva was supposed to be killed in an earthquake (once again, in japan). Turned out she was a spie, discovering the evil plans but captured by both Yamamoto and Hitler.

Meanwhile, in the denmark strait, Churchill commands the Hood but it blows up in a very short, but fiersome fight. Churchill escapes the explosion by riding the last shell fired by hood. Above Tirpitz he jumps of, just missing the funnel. After doing a tripple salto, backwards flip and some other stunts, he lands safely on the deck. Then he graps his bottle of bourbon, throws it on the deck, ignites it with his cigar and burn the sailors moving in to arrest him.
    constantly smoking his cigars, Churchill hides himself in the ventilationshafts, moving from room to room, killing all the sailors, suffication the rest who stand to close to the vents. this takes three days, cyborg hitler start to nows fear in his sylicon mind and it blocks his chips.

Three days have pased and Tirpitz reaches the eastcoast. CinC Eisenhouwer (Morgan Freeman because Gene Heckman didn't accept the script for some strange reason) sends in the stealth Me262's to blow up the Tirpitz.
    Back on the Tirpitz, Churchill his down to his last cigar and moves to the brigde in a serie of kong-fu matrix jumps. He then fights cyborg hitler, burning is fuel hoses with his cigar. Then, to escape the Me262's airstrike, he rides once more a shell, under his arm he's holding on to one nuclear warhead. On a altitude of 25km he jumps of and hangs on to a Me262 and heads back for washington. His only words to the pilot: "Do you have a smoke?"

Meanwhile, after three days at minus 40 degrees, Truman had "enough of this shit". He breaks out, grabs his Walther PPK hidden right outside the freezer. He shoots his way up to the bridge like his mentor Roosevelt once did. On the bridge, Yamamoto manage to escape but since Yamato is in range,Yamamoto has programed the missles. Truman then huries to free Eva but Yamamoto awaits him. Once again, kung-fu, matrix styl but Truman manage to win this round, dodging a jump-kick by yamamoto who then falls into the boilers and gets burned.
    Truman manage to save Eva but can't stop the countdown, then a Me262 closes in. Chruchill flies over Yamato, dropping the nuke, thinking that Truman is already dead. The nuke explodes and the shockwave catapults Truman and Eva. Churchill sees them flying in the air, steering the Me262 between them so they both land on one of the wings.
    The movie ends wih Churchill saying: "Nice work son, here, have a cigar." :smok:

To be honest, this is one mindless action movie i would kill for to see it on tv. :D

12. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!
    this time is gone to far!!!!!
    :bang: :bang: :bang:

13. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    wait until i've writen "Nazi raiders of the carabian, and the curse of pearl"
    or what about "The fanatastic four (the iowa's) and the downfall of the silver musashi"
    I'm so full of idea's. I think i take my changes at hollywood :D

14. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Durn, what have y'all been smoking?

15. Ebar

Ebar New Member

On a space station in geosynchronous orbit above y
    via TanksinWW2
    Heck we haven't got as far as Bismarck III: Scharhorst and Gneisenau, double trouble! That will be the toned down kiddies friendly member of the franchise.

:D

16. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Don't get me started :D
    I say, it's your turn, try to do better then i did. You can't beat churchills moves :p