Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

VIII Army defeated in El Alamein, Rommel takes Aexandria!

Discussion in 'What If - Mediterranean & North Africa' started by Friedrich, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

As a small side and kinda related note on Rommel.

If anyone is ever in the vacinity of Konstanz, Germany--more like neaere Dingelsdorf. I forget in which of the small towns dotting bthis area it is in but, there is a very nice hotel and restaurant in one of them which is owned by THE Rommel family. They are direct relatives of his. At any rate--the place was beautiful, VERY affordable, food was excellent and the staff was great. I had the best Jagerschnitzel and Salad there. Thinking of it is making my hungry ;) :D

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I agree with you though, I think Rommel would have been smart enough to change his tactics had he been in Russia.

3. De Vlaamse Leeuw

De Vlaamse Leeuw Member

Than Spain and Turkey would join the Axis.

Spain would cooperate with Germany to conquer Gibraltar and Malta.

Turkey would use its forces to attack Syria and South-Caucasus.

I think Rommel would conquer Palestina, Iran, Iraq and maybe Afghanistan and Pakistan..
    Who knows: maybe India????

4. redcoat

redcoat Ace

"New York Times:

"30th November 1942. Marshall Rommel has crossed the Suez Channel after the defeat of British VIII Army in the battle of El Alamein, the fall of Alexandria and El Cairo in a run of more than a thousand miles. His troops are preparing to reach Palestine "

NEWSFLASH
    Allied landings in French North Africa,( Operation TORCH) threaten Rommels supply lines,
    forcing him into full scale retreat. :D

5. Sniper

Sniper Member

Rommel crosses the Suez and enters Alexandria and moves further east.

Iraqs pro-german government joins the Axis, along with Spain and Turkey.

Turkish troops enter northern Iran, and Syria, and advance northwards into southern Russia to join forces with German forces in the Caucusus, following Russia's defeat at Stalingrad.

Iraqi troops enter southern Iran and move south towards Palestine.

Spain captures Gibraltar and lands troops in French North Africa.

Plans for Operation Torch are cancelled.

Even with these setbacks England declares that they shall fight on.

Australian, British and South African forces forced out of Egypt fortify India against a perceived German/Japan pincer attack.

In Russia, following the signing of a peace treaty with Germany, Stalin is ousted in a coup by Russian Army Generals. The new Russian leader, Molotov, declares that the Motherland will never bow down to the fascists murderers. The war on the Eastern Front begins again.

Advisors to the US President expect the war against Germany and Japan to continue for another 10 years......

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. - Winston Churchill, May 1940

6. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

:eek: :eek: Well, sniper, that went very far but it's nice!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.