Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Virus Warnings

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by Gromit801, Nov 30, 2009.

1. sox101

sox101 Member

I was trying to use firefox just a few minutes ago and that virus warning saying that the site was hacked. I said to ignore it just to try it out and no less than a minute it came up again. Not sure what else to do at the moment. I am using IE8 at the moment it seems to work fine for now.

2. Anderan

Anderan Member

I'm getting the warnings again, but I can still post while using firefox, though only by using the quick reply box it seems.

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

For now, it seem iE8 is the way to go. Firefox will take some time to catch up with the cleaned board.

4. jemimas_special2

jemimas_special2 Shepherd

Also running into it at home on Firefox..... have since tried IE8. Seems to be working good. No problems logging in at work ;) Very frustrating though.

Jem

5. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I would have been back sooner but just spent the last 6!! hours trying to clean up my antique laptop. Anyone know how to delete the 678,468 items Norton took three hours to scan? No viruses or problems found. Threw the LT in the closet and using the newer Compag, it's a year newer!

6. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Let's leave this open for the time being.

The warnings aren't of a currently infected site, but of a site that previously had a problem. Firefox is warning of the previous issue, while Explorer functions by blocking any active issues. Since there are no current problem Explorer is fine, while Firefox will need some time to catch-up.

7. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Thanks Otto, I found no "warnings" on Chrome or IE, only on Firefox. And obviously I can post on both IE and Chrome (LOL). I was surprised to see the "pop-up" blocker show up again with the same "requested download" from India is all.

Hope this is the end of the crud.

Thanks again.
    Clint.

8. jemimas_special2

jemimas_special2 Shepherd

Otto,

Your feedback is encouraging... just the medicine we need! Just exhaled...

all the best,

Jem

9. Triple C

Triple C Ace

My chrome is acting up again. This is strange as the browser had been very compliant for the past couple of days. But I can post and my Norton 360 is pretty happy about the state of my computer's health.

10. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

I've been getting virus warnings on both Firefox and Chrome for the last couple of days, although I can still post on Chrome, I can't on Firefox. I've cleaned out all my caches, cookies, history, etc. and still get the warnings. There was a period of a week or better when I wasn't getting any warnings or notices, then they started again.

I just override them and ignore the warnings and will continue to do so until my daily anti-virus scan turns up something dangerous, which it hasn't done yet.

11. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

My Norton 2010 blocked six medium risk "access attempts" just today, and one "High intrusion risk" from "securityonlinetoday.net" using Internet Explorer as a path (IEXPLORER.EXE) as well.

12. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

On Firefox there is an option in Tools-->Options--> Block Reported Attack Sites.
    If you make sure this box is unticked you can browse this forum without the warnings. However it won't save you from other sites either, so you need to use it at your own risk.

13. panzer kampf gruppen 6

panzer kampf gruppen 6 Dishonorably Discharged

I keep getting this reported attack site warning and it getting really annoying.

14. Otto

If
    Then

15. panzer kampf gruppen 6

16. Otto

Cheers, pkg6. I know this is a pain in the butt (and trust me it's pretty damn frustrating on my end too), and I appreciate your patience & understanding with this.

17. panzer kampf gruppen 6

Lol of course its frustrating your the administrator.

18. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I've gone back to Internet Explorer and no problems at all. As long as I can read the posts I'm happy! It is nice to ask questions though. All things considered it could be a lot worse. Keeping my fingers crossed:)

19. Anderan

Anderan Member

I feel like an idiot for not realizing this sooner but there is a very easy fix for firefox users getting the attack site messages.

got to tools->options->security and uncheck "block reported attack sites"

after that firefox will no longer keep telling you that the site is an attack site you shouldn't have any problems here. Obviously this presents a problem if you visit an actual attack site, but if you are worried about that you can always just recheck the box when you leave the site.

LCT322Daughter likes this.
  20. LCT322Daughter

LCT322Daughter Member

good fix for the time being. I logged in on IE to post this, but I generally hate IE...so if firefox can get working that's great news.